Sorry

We never talk to each other since the ordeal, just so there wouldn't be anymore rumors about me spreading around, although a small circle of friends strongly rejected even the thought of those rumors. I'm glad that someone's at least on my side. It was already October by now.

But despite all that, I still catch myself worrying about him because it seems that his outbursts are getting worse. He sounds more and more aggressive whenever I overhear his conversations or when I was in the vicinity of him and his vortex club gang. I felt like I was miles away from him to understand what's been going on but I've always been aware about the pressure he's under; the controlling and abusive father hounding on him, the stress that came from being expected of stellar performances in his studies, his 'influences' at the Vortex club.

I have to wonder what else is bothering him because I have a gut feeling that something more is happening beneath all that, especially with what happened to me. He's hiding something from me. But it's not like I can get any closer to him to get any explanation, I can't face him anymore. It had hurt me too much; to feel betrayed and tossed away just like that. Sinister looks and spiteful, toxic remarks still fly off whenever someone passes by, although there would only be a cold presence whenever he saw me. That was the only type of interaction we'd have nowadays.

Though, I can't say that my situation is getting any better. My semester started off fairly well, I was able to stay on top of my work and assignments but these past few months have been extremely difficult to say the least. I had done miserably for my mid semester trials and it shattered the absolute soul out of me. The rumours echoing the halls weren't helping me get better either as they feed my demons. I've even had moments where I wish I was no longer part of this world. But Max would often visit me, knocking at my door asking if I was okay. Kate and Warren's texts were always heartwarming and kind. Dana was always around to give me hugs. For once, I was thankful for them to annoy me as they had occupied my time and mind instead of those dark thoughts. Took me long to open up, took me longer to start healing.

On top of that, I had to start doing a part time job, but it's to secure my tuition because of things happening at home. My fucked up, drunkard of an uncle often borrow money from loan sharks and would always get my parents caught in the crossfire.  This has happened on multiple occasions but this time got extra bad. I was worried for them but they told me to sustain myself in the meantime. I do hail from a fairly privileged family, but not like the Prescotts rich so we're still fucked when shit hits the fan.

My legs feel like breaking each day from kitchen duties at Two Whales Diner. I truly respect Joyce for her determination to stand all day for hours straight. Max would also get her coffee fix here with Joyce's daughter, Chloe as they always stick together, blabbering about all sorts of things which gives me some entertainment while my legs rot away. I do get agitated whenever a customer enters, praying that it wouldn't be him. Somehow, I've never once seen him come by, though I tend to stay out of sight, hiding in the kitchen. The table we sat at during that summer's break lunch was a painful reminder though, constantly bringing melancholy to my mind. Maybe that's also why he stopped coming. Anyway, I have to shrug it off to keep things moving.

Thankfully, no one's hassled me enough to know the real reason why I was working there. I can't really tell anyone because it would bring shame to me and my family, and I especially don't want him to know about it because it would just give him ammunition to talk more shit. By the time my shift ends, it'd always be pretty late in the evening. And so I bid Mrs Price farewell for the evening until I see her again. What a tiring Thursday, I thought to myself, but thank god I have the entire Friday off. There's a party called "End of the World" going on tonight, of course by the Vortex Club, but I'm pretty sure I'll be sleeping the rest of the night.