The Beginning

Two siblings' paths diverged long ago in the Trevelyan family. Coming from vast reservoirs of wealth and knowledge but burdened by expectations of status; Kaisen Trevelyan fled her imminent betrothal and plunged into the dark underbelly of Ferelden crime syndicates, breaking her ailing mother's heart. With no marriage to secure their name and land after their father's mysterious and untimely death, Kaisen's elder sister Jormangandr retreated into a life of solitude and academics, travelling throughout the Hinterlands to study beasts and the ways of the blade. The sisters never corresponded, rarely spoke of each other, and it was widely regarded as an unfortunate and permanent divide of the family.

        When their mother succumbed to the Blight and perished, their oldest and only brother missing and presumed dead, Jormungandr was summoned from her studies and sent to the Temple of Sacred Ashes to devote her life to the Divine and to help negotiate peace between the rising tension between factions of mages and templar knights battling for territory across the land: each group believes the other to be unnatural monstrosities- whether through relations with magic and the Veil or through violence and strict devotion to religion.

       Disaster strikes, the Divine is brutally slain, shattering the possibility of peace and thrusting the world of Thedas into chaos and blood magic, demons invading from the Veil, armies massing on the borders, artifacts and nobles grasping greedily for power as a massive Breach is torn in the sky.

      Little did the sisters from Tevinter know, they'd soon be fighting side by side to restore order to the world.