"Kiss me through the phoneeeee"

Alex had driven to the address on his dimly lit phone screen. 'If this guy's rich, why such a simple house?'  he thought to himself as he parked his car. He walked up the door and knocked, hearing a faint "d'ddy, s'meone at the dooooor!" before the door in front of him swung open to reveal a man dressed in casual clothes ; a white tee, dark jeans with a black belt, what looked to be bedhead, and even though this last one doesn't count as clothing, mutton chops. Alex looked up at the man. 'Fuck. Another tall motherfucker.' he sighed.

"You must be Alex. I go by Schlatt but you can call me Jonathan if you'd like."

Alex froze. The mans voice sounded like sweet honey pouring out of his mouth. He didn't want the man to notice his staring, so he just shot the man a friendly smile and was invited inside the house.

"This is my son, Toby. He struggles with talking sometimes but we're working on it."
Alex noticed how the man looked happier when he was close to the young boy.

"Hellooo!" Alex was drawn from his thoughts as an adorable little boy was looking up at him through dark brown eyes. He noticed the bee stuffed animal that sat on the ground a few inches from his foot.
"Hi!" He smiled as the little boy put his arms up, signaling he wanted a hug. Schlatt laughed, "He does that often, if you don't want a hug, you can just say something about his bee plushie. Like, "hey, baby looks sad! You should go play with her instead!"
Alex stifled a chuckle as he crouched down to the youngers height. "It's fine, I'm a bit of a hugger myself." The kid giggled and held onto Alex.

20 minutes later

Schlatt explained everything that normally happened at the house. Toby's bedtime, what to do when he cries, what he isn't allowed to eat. You get the point. And soon after Schlatt threw on a coat and some shoes, he was gone.

"So, what do you wanna do, Tubbo?"
The kid looked at him confused

"Tubbbbo?"

Alex thought it was adorable how the kid dragged out his words.
"Yeah, it's just a little nickname for you. You wanna make one for me?"
"Yeayeayea!" The kid giggled.

A little while later

Alex had ordered some food and sat on the couch eating with the kid, watching a Rick and Morty episode play. Look. The kid said his dad watched it with him. If he was lying, then Alex met a cute kid and learned he liked Chinese food more than he thought. But he heard the kid laugh and realized he was gonna love hanging out with this giggly baby  everyday.

After they finished eating, Alex and Tubbo decided to do some karaoke. They sang to some of his favorite songs such as : Kiss me thru the phone, You belong with me, The DJ's got us falling in love. Even though the kid didn't know the songs, he'd learn to love them.

Soon it had been longer than 4 hours and Schlatt came back home to see Alex laying with the kid on the couch, snuggling and watching Adventure Time to calm the kiddo down a little.
He stifled a chuckle and Alex looked over at him, smiling when he noticed the man.

"Hey, Tubs, look your dad's home." Alex whispered to the baby brunette in his arms. He heard the kid gasp excitedly.
"Pleasee le' me go", Alex moved so the kid could get up.

"Thanks for watching him, i went out for a much needed hang out with a few buddies tonight. Do you want the money now or at the end of the week, or..?"

"At the end of the week sounds good to me."

"Alright, Toby, baby, come say bye to your new friend!"

Tubbo came running into the room, bee plushie in hand, pajama pants on backwards.
"Your leavingg? Nooo, I-I want yoo to st-stayy." He whined.
Alex laughed soflty before crouching down again. "I'll be back tomorrow and we can have even more fun. Okay, Tubs?"
Tubbo shook his head yes, an adorable smile plastered on his face.

Alex waved goodbye to both Toby and Schlatt and the two went into the house and into Tubbo's bedroom. After brushing his teeth, his dad came to tuck him in.
Toby began humming 'Kiss me thru the phone' and Schlatt looked at his kid, stunned.
"What're you humming, baby boy?"
He asked, softly smirking.
"I humming a song Alexis t-taught me t'night, daddy. I sing for yoo?"
Schlatt hummed, showing he agreed.

His baby started singing,
"Baby, you know that I miss you,"
Schlatt chuckled at how cute he sounded singing the song.
"I just wanna kiss you tonight, but I cannot baby girl,"
Schlatt sat up.
"And that's the ish-"
He struggled with the word.
"Ish-youuu"

Schlatt smiled wide, his face looking beyond happy.

"Baby, you said a full sentence without stumbling! I'm so proud!"

Toby giggled happily as Schlatt lay next to him in his little bed, snuggling his son as they both drifted into deep sleep.

-

 post schedule will definitely be absolutely fucked due to my shit sleep schedule and lack of attention span. But i will definitely post more of this. Make sure you're eating and staying hydrated. you adorable motherfuckers. 💖

Love you <3