43

The room was dark. That was because all the lights in the house had been turned off while you were sitting in the living room.
The only source of light came from the tv in front of you.

But you weren't alone. Vinny, was also there, right next to you.

The movie you had watched just ended and so you wanted to stand up in order to change the DVDs but Vinny stopped you from doing so.

"I'll do it." He gently tugged the hem of your shirt as a sign for you to stay put and stood up to do what you were about to do.

"Which one do you want to watch now?" Vinny questioned as he looked at the countless DVD cases that laid on the floor in front of the big device.

Only after a few seconds of thinking about it, you just said, "Just pick whichever" , since nothing had come to your mind.

Yeah, today was your movie night the two of you had planned which had gotten delayed because of all the previous events.

When Vinny came back and sat by your side again, you asked him which one he picked, in which he answered with a 'I dunno'.

So you guessed that he had just put the DVD of the first one he had spotted into the player.

The moment you realized what kind of movie it was, you immediately regretted letting Vinny choose.
It was a horror movie.

"Uhmm... Vinny, I'm not very good with horror movies so can we watch something different?"

Vinny's face showed a surprised expression.
His eyes then wandered from you to the screen.

"But it's a new release. I was looking forward to watch it..." His expression turned from surprised to somewhat sad.

You gulped. You couldn't stand seeing him like this. And without thinking anything through, you blurted it out. "Okay, let's just watch one."

His face turned a little bright the moment you had said that and he started playing the movie.

Once the movie started, you didn't want to be there at all. You stayed for him though.

You were slightly trembling while you held in your urge to stand up and run away from there.

"(Y/N)?"

You turned your head to him and you were really glad that you did so because you didn't need to watch the movie at this moment.

Even though Vinny had called you, he didn't say anything and just stared into your eyes.

It seemd that you had unconsciously grabbed Vinny's arm and squeezed it pretty hard.

Just when you were about to let go, Vinny suddenly stood up, lifted you up with his strong arms and before you knew it, he was hugging you from behind.

He grabbed the remote controller that was next to him and turned off the tv.

"Sorry." he said in a soft tone once the screen turned black "I should have asked you if you were good with these kind of movies."

But you shook your head and said, "No it's not your fault."

You leaned back and closed your eyes while you were relaxing your muscles.

The two of you stayed like this for a very long time.

- 3rd POV -

"(Y/N)?" Vinny said out her name again but no answer came from her.

Thanks to her regular, soft breath, he knew that she fell asleep.

And so he stood up as slowly as possible to not wake her while he held her body and carried her to her room.

He bent down next to her bed to watch her sleeping face and doing so made him sleepy. And he didn't realize that he dozed off on the spot.