White (and I am lost)

***

'I don't know how to put it more gently, Yuto, but your role in Pentagon is gradually becoming more futile.'

His quick footsteps echoed on the expensive floor tiles but Yuto couldn't hear them. Couldn't see where he was going. It was like his body went on autopilot. He would just go wherever his body took him, probably back to the practice room out of habit, still processing the meeting he just participated in.

His lack of attention caused him to stop abruptly when he bumped into a solid shoulder. By the structure of it, he would've said it was Wooseok. But it was someone else. Someone he's never seen before.

"Ah, I'm so sorry!" He said, humility making him snap out of his trance and gave the stranger a deep, respectful bow.

The stranger chuckled, and something about it sounded strange to Yuto's ears that made his eyes immediately go up, meeting the other's for the first time.

He was taller than Wooseok, for sure. Yuto had to crane his neck a bit to meet his gaze successfully. Incredible handsome face, eyes bright and mysterious, hair dyed snow-white, a slight smirk at the corner of his lips.

"You should be more careful next time." The stranger spoke in perfect Japanese, which stirred curiosity in Yuto.

"You're Japanese?" Yuto felt quite excited at the possibility of another Japanese.. staff? manager? What was he even supposed to be?

The beautiful stranger shook his head, staring Yuto up and down with his hands idly shoved in his black ripped jeans pockets.

"Oh?" Yuto was a bit surprised. His perfect accent got him fooled.

"I'm Russian." The stranger spoke again in his peculiar tone. "Fluent in 5 languages." He continued in perfect English.

"That's amazing," Yuto said in pure admiration, almost so that he forgot his manners. "I'm sorry. My name is Yuto. I work here as an idol." He said stretching a hand forward.

The stranger eyes his hand curiously, with the corners of his mouth slightly upturned.

A long pause.

Yuto almost considered awkwardly retracting his hand, but the taller eventually extended his own and shook Yuto's elegantly. His hands were terribly cold.

"You can call me Dalo. And don't mind that. I know you very well."

"A-ah, so, you know Pentagon?"

Dalo nodded slowly. "I do."

"That's great," Yuto blushed and felt quite awkward, as Dalo still hadn't let go of his hand. He wiggled it out, eventually, and masked his discomfort with a rub at the nape of his neck. "So, um- I've never seen you around here before."

Dalo smirked.

"I'm a trainee."

"I... didn't know Cube was taking in trainees at the moment."

"I'm not a Cube trainee. I'm just here today for... let's call it an interview."

Yuto nodded. He was quite curious about what exactly he was interviewing for, but he didn't want to push it if Dalo didn't want to give more details. And nonetheless, his painfully tiring schedule and pounding headache were telling him it's time to go.