Listen (and you have my back)

***

For the days that followed the boys put their entire energy into work. They successfully filmed their new comeback and proceeded on attending interviews and participating in seasonal games organized by Cube, everything to entertain their eager fans.

The group worked hard, and the music video is unquestionable proof. The concept and the choreography were impeccable. The vocal kings were on point, Hui and Jinho had amazing lines and the video ended with a fitting Yuto x Wooseok rapper combo.

They were happy about how it turned out, and the many weeks of intense workout and dieting proved to be entirely worth the while.

Yuto's performance was outstandingly faultless. Despite his mental state, he danced and rapped like an absolute god. He didn't let anything affect his presentation not even the fact that he was closely monitored by the staff and managers. More so than the others.

Ever since that night, Yuto and Wooseok were inseparable.

Wooseok followed Yuto absolutely everywhere, they did their best to synchronize their breaks and schedules and when they were apart, they were on the phone with each other the entire time.

The members noticed this peculiar change in the maknaes, but said nothing nonetheless. After all, they were together most of the time even before. But seriously, if Wooseok would be any closer to Yuto, he'd be far up his ass. They shrugged it off though, because somehow it worked. Yuto's condition seemed less concerning than before, so whatever Wooseok was doing did well for the young Japanese and for the entire group.

After the events from the practice room, Wooseok literally took the job of being Yuto's shadow. He brought him home, made sure he ate well and slept enough. Yuto did not protest, he just let the younger dictate his lifestyle. He was aware of his self-destructive tendencies, and while it didn't bother him as much, it sure didn't do well for the rest of the group. He did his best to keep his chin up and work for the comeback, hard but safely. And Wooseok being next to him all the time helped a lot. It was a bit odd for him to be looked after by the tall boy, when usually he was the one to push the other around to do things, like clean his room, shower before bed, do the dishes and things like that. Wooseok was quite sloppy usually and Yuto loved it secretly. Always secretly.

But now the tables have turned quite a bit and it was amusing to see the other trying to look after Yuto, when he barely ever looked after himself. When they were at home they ate together, worked together, took breaks together, played games and slept in each other's arms, shielding one another from the cold. It was comforting. Yuto's bed was unused most of the time. Too much effort for both of them to get up there.

Another comforting fact was that ever since that night, Wooseok made no moves on Yuto whatsoever, yet he did not change his behavior towards the older one bit. The Japanese boy was still haunted by the latter's confession, but he allowed himself to push it to the farthest side of his brain, at least until they finished filming. His anxiety subdued, knowing that even if his response, or rather silence, was badly received, Wooseok was still here, holding his hand.

Wooseok kept a safe distance from the other in interviews, and in fact, no change could be detected. They were the same as usual in front of the cameras. But as soon as the red light went off, they were glued back to each other.

They were pretty far in with filming, they only had a few interviews scheduled until they had a few days off for Christmas, so the members allowed themselves to feel more relaxed.

Despite the laid-off atmosphere, Wooseok never once forgot about Yuto's situation with the entertainment. He pondered on it and discussed it with Yuto sometimes, but no matter how many sides they'd turn the issue around, it just came out with irrational results.