Song (and you are next to me)

***

"Yuto!"

The Japanese boy turned to face a fully dressed Shinwon.

"Where are you going?" he inquired as he watched the other boy hurriedly putting his shoes on.

"Hongseok needs me to bring his workout gloves at the gym," he said and fumbled with his pocket, pulling out a very familiar-looking object. "I accidentally took Wooseok's phone thinking it was mine. Will you return it to him for me, please?"

Yuto nodded, accepting the device that he and Wooseok played games on so often together.

"Thanks, he's in the gaming room."

"... the studio?"

"Yeah, that's what I said," Shinwon called on his way out. "See ya."

Yuto shook his head, amused. "See ya."

***

The door opened with a slightly strained sound, revealing the dimly lit studio. Wooseok was sitting in the chair in front of the monitors, and a melodic indie song was playing in the background. Purple hues from the purple-colored, dim lamp were swaying on the back of the taller boy's dark hair, as he moved his head from side to side in synchronization with the tune. If he concentrated enough, he could hear the honey-deep sound of Wooseok's soft hums along with the music. Yuto looked down at the phone in his hands and then back and the latter. The boy seemed so caught in his song-induced ecstasy, that Yuto felt unusually intrusive and considered coming back later. However, Wooseok had already noticed him as he turned to close the door and leave.

"Yuto."

Yuto looked up at him and he was smiling. A pleasantly surprised kind of smile that gave Yuto a stomach flip. He smiled back.

"Hi." There was a silence in which Yuto got lost for longer than intended, so he quickly reminded himself of the purpose of his visit. He pointed at Wooseok's phone. "I- I mean, Shinwon-hyung said he- your phone."

Wow, Yuto thought. Speech 9000. To spare himself more embarrassment, he opted for silence and quickly walked up to the computer desk and placed Wooseok's phone there.

"What! Shinwon-Hyung had it this whole time?" Wooseok shouted in exasperation and Yuto flinched as he was still recovering from his captured failure at making words come out his mouth in a coherent pattern. "Motherfucker."

"He said he accidentally-" Yuto started but got cut off immediately.

"Trust me, dude, this is no accident. He's been trying to get my phone for ages, only to delete that video I took of him when I caught him eating Chinese takeout from the fridge at 3 AM."

"Ah," Yuto exclaimed in amusement. He remembered that part. He was the first person Wooseok showed the video to. He doesn't know if he shared it along with the other members though. It was funny. They had trouble falling asleep because they just couldn't stop giggling like some sugar overdosed kids past their bedtime. And they got scolded so much at rehearsals the next day. But when they stole glances at each other across the practice room, they could barely suppress their laughter. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. Do you think he did it? He doesn't know your code, does he?"

"Well, you're the only one who knows it, so he shouldn't." Wooseok paused. "Unless you told him." He stared accusingly, as Yuto remembered the exact moment 3 days ago, when Shinwon asked what was Post Malone's date of birth for no particular reason, and Yuto gave him the answer like a dumbass.

"Nope."

Wooseok raised a suspicious eyebrow. "Let's check then." Yuto was sweating.

As his finger clicked his phone open, the boys were graced with a glorious picture of Wooseok sleeping with his mouth wide open, taken by the legendary Shinwon on a plane ride a few months ago, set as background picture. Yuto burst out laughing as Wooseok shook his fist at the sky, shouting profanities. Thankfully, the sacred footage of the wild Shinwon in his natural habitat was still safely stored in Wooseok's secret files. But the message from their hyung has been delivered loud and clear.