Part 10

Roman had been looking on his computer for hours and so far nothing. Nothing was in his price range. Nothing close to where he was getting work. Nothing with the space he needs. Nothing.

He grabbed his phone and went into his contacts. He scrolled to 'R'. He looked at his brother's contact, 'Remus💚🐙'. He hadn't talked to his brother since they both moved out of their parents. He remembers that day like it was yesterday.

-------------------------------------

Roman was 18, and his parents wanted him and his brother out. He packed his last boxes. He grabbed his stuffed toy, which he had been keeping under his pillow, and put it in the box. He and Remus had been fighting all week about stupid shit.

He brought the last of his boxes to his car. He went back inside to say bye.

"Bye mom, dad," He said. His parents ignored him. They had been like that since he came out to them. Remus supported him, even though they didn't get along. He supported Remus as well. He went upstairs to say goodbye to his brother, who was packing his own things. "...Remus..." Roman said shyly as he walked in. He leaned against the door as Remus turned to him.

"Roman."

"I'm about to take off and wanted to say bye."

Remus nodded, "bye..."

"...Bye..." Roman said, then started to leave.

As Roman left, he heard Remus whisper something, "Brothers, always and forever."

When Roman got to his new apartment, he brought his stuff in and started unpacking. He pulled his stuffed toy, Virgil, out of one of the boxes and put him on the shelf next to his bedroom door.

"Always and forever," he whispered. Remus had been the one to give Virgil to him.

(293 words.)