Home

It wasn't fine. In fact, it was anything but fine in Dream's mind. He lay on top of his white comforter, too hot from the beaming sun spilling into his room to go under them. The comforter was tangled from his constant movements. His phone lay beside him, face down, with text messages opened.

No way he just coincidentally had to go with his parents somewhere the day after what happened at the river. He had to be avoiding Dream. Or was he over-thinking everything again? Dream wasn't sure.

Dream avoided looking in the direction of his phone, knowing he would just end up reading the simple text message George sent for another hour. It read 'Hey, I can't come to the river today, I've got to go somewhere with my parents'. Sure, it didn't seem like George was avoiding him, but analyzing the text made Dream slightly convince himself he was. George's parents rarely asked George to go somewhere with them. The use of the word 'somewhere' also set him off for some unknown reason.

Dream blindly turned off his phone and turned over to look at the clock on his bedside table, that was just a bit lower than his bed. It had to be around 10:00, right?

2:23.

Jeez, afternoon already? How long had he spent just lying there over-thinking a text?

He swung his legs over to the side of the bed, and slide onto the carpeted floor, ready to get something to eat. He hadn't really realized how hungry he was until now. The LED lights around his room shone a light green that he must have kept on all through-out the night. How did he manage to fall asleep with them on? He thought that before he remembered he fell asleep really late. He was probably too exhausted to turn the lights off.

He stumbled out of his bedroom door to head to the kitchen, before the thought of what he looked like stopped him. He decided to stumble into the bathroom first. Looking at himself in the mirror, he really didn't look that bad. However, it was a good decision to stop by the bathroom first.

He had eyebags due to the previous weeks of going to sleep late and waking up early. His sleep schedule was whack. His hair was slightly greasy since the last time he took a shower was two nights ago. His clothes from yesterday were still on, he had just noticed, minus the jacket and shoes. The forest smell lingered, as well. He looked like a train wreck; someone could have thought he went to a party last night. He would think the same if he didn't remember being on call with Sapnap.

He walked out of the bathroom to go get some clothes, since he now decided to get in the shower. It ended up being a quicker shower since he didn't want to spend too much time in there, more focused on food then anything. Getting out, he put on his gray sweatpants and white T-shirt before going downstairs towards the kitchen, feeling more awake than before.

His parents were out on a business trip, like most summers. They didn't make much time for him and his sister, Hannah. It didn't bother either of them that much, however. They had gotten used to being by themselves and both had friends to keep them company. Speaking of friends, Hannah wasn't home at the moment because she stayed the night with one of her friends. Though it didn't surprise him, Dream wasn't too happy when he had to drive his sister to her friend's house at 10:00 pm.

As Dream finished his breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast, he contemplated on what to do for the rest of the day. Usually, he would be walking to the river at this time, but there was no point in going if George wasn't going to be there. The river wasn't the same without George. Nothing seemed good without George. Or Sapnap. Sapnap didn't go to the river, however. He lived in a different neighborhood and would have to drive everyday just to get there. So, they settled on playing games online and seeing each other at school.

He thought about playing Minecraft with Sapnap again, like the night before, but decided against it. He didn't want to bother Sapnap too much. He thought about going to town, but decided against that as well. He didn't want to go out too badly, and didn't want the possibility of, somehow, running into George. If he really was out. Dream still had doubts, but would never question George on it

Hey, I published chapter 3 on time too! Sorry it's short! Hope you enjoyed!