Bye

"Alright now just keep the blindfold on for a moment."

"Dream, really I have to be home soon."

"I know, I know," he says, laughing. "This will just take a minute."

It had been a few weeks since Dream had, basically almost drowned. The two were a few weeks into their senior year and hung out by the river on weekends or anytime they felt like it on the weekdays. They weren't in a relationship yet, as they wanted time to sort out the whole drowning thing and trust issues, but (let's face it) they are sure to get together soon. Right now, they were both at the edge of the forest in the field when George was supposed to be heading home. Supposed. See, Dream had a surprise for George that took a few weeks to arrive at his doorstep. Ever since Dream found them online and got them, he's been waiting for this day, but George is majorly confused at the moment.

"You're such an idiot," George scoffs.

All George could hear was Dream trying to suppress his laughter as he felt something rest on the top of his head. Sunglasses? He went to feel what was on top of his head before Dream told him not to.

"Okay, now take off the blindfold and just lower the glasses onto your nose," Dream instructed.

George took off the blindfold to be greeted with the usual ugly colors of the sunset in front of him. He frowned at the reminder that he was colorblind, but proceeded to put the sunglasses on as Dream told him. When George put them on, he was immediately confronted with the fact that these were no ordinary sunglasses. These were colorblind glasses.

The colors of the sunset were much brighter and there seemed to be more then George at first thought. The 'yellow' was much brighter and didn't look as similar to the grass in front of him. The orange didn't look as blended in with everything as it was before. He also noticed a few dashes of pink and purple there he hadn't realized were in sunsets.

"So, what do you think?"

George turned to Dream to answer his question, to tell him thank you, and maybe even hug him, but instead stopped and just stared at him. He seemed so much more vibrant. More alive. More..attractive? If that was possible? His, now green, hoodie looked so radiant off his skin and his eyes were enchanting. They looked like an emerald you would find on a ring, that you just couldn't stop looking at. Anytime you saw them, you admired them. You stared. You could get drawn in within seconds.

"You're so pretty."

Dream blushed and looked away, obviously caught off guard from the sudden compliment. "Uh, thanks. I mean you are too I-"

"No, like really. I mean it."

Dream looked back over at George staring into his eyes back, both getting lost in them and trying to figure out what the hell George was thinking. Really, George wasn't thinking of anything, he was just admiring. That was, until he came back to his senses and looked away, embarrassed at how long he stared.

"Sorry, uh yeah, the sunset looks a lot different and so much more vibrant," he says, looking over at the sunset instead of at Dream. "I can't believe I'm actually seeing proper colors."

He looks back over at Dream, making sure to not stare as long before saying his next sentence.

"Thank you, Dream."

Dream gave him that genuine smile that George had adored for so many years.

"Thank you, George."