Bittersweet

TW:UN-CONSENSUAL KISSING
Dream continues to walk around the party aimlessly, now having lost sense of direction. Eventually, though, he got tired of this and tried to think logically. His first idea was somewhere quiet. George was, at least as Dream knows him, a quiet, introverted person. It would make sense if he walked off to a place away from the party. He starts in the direction of, what he thinks, is the back of the house.

On his way, he continues to look around, before noticing Quackity, leaning against the wall, not talking to anyone but smiling. Just like Tommy, despite popular belief, he doesn't drink. Being sober and good friends with George, he may know where he is. He catches his eye before walking up to him.

"Hey mannn, what are you doing here," he greets, putting on a fake accent. Dream smiles at the fake accent and nods a greeting back.

"Hey, uh, I was just wondering if you've seen George at all?"

"George?" he asks dropping the fake accent. "Yeah, I saw him go over there down the hallway. Why, is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong, I just haven't seen him since we walked in. I wanted to make sure he's alright."

"Oh, alright, but he seemed...drunk maybe. George doesn't seem like the type to drink but I'm unsure."

Dream's eyes widened at this. Whenever he told Wilbur George wasn't the type to drink, he truly believed it, he didn't say it just to please Wilbur. If George was actually drunk though, he knew, at least, he wouldn't be totally out of it. He told Quackity his thanks before heading down the hallway he had pointed at.

This hallway, just like the other, had multiple doors running down it, all closed, making it another guessing game. It just dawned upon Dream how big Wilbur's house really was, which might've been another reason for Tommy choosing his house for a party. Dream sent another mental apology to Wilbur, not about the party, but about how the size of his house was perfect for parties. The hallway was almost identical to the other, the only main difference being the color of the walls, which were gray. He opened the door to the first room in the hallway.

It seemed to be a library of some sorts. It was dimly lit, the moonlight spilling in from the windows on the opposite wall the door was. There was a wooden desk in the far corner, with papers scattered all over it and a black chair on wheels to accompany it. There were tall bookshelves everywhere else, consisting of any book you could find. However, those shelves didn't have what Dream wanted to find, so he moved on to go to the next room.

Before he could reach out to grab the doorknob though, it shook open and something pulled him by his wrist into the room, and locked the door behind him. He looked at the person that pulled him into the room (as it was a human hand clasped around his wrist) to see it was George staring back at him.

He was definitely drunk.

Dream wasn't sure what type of room George had pulled him into. The curtains in front of the windows were closed, allowing no moonlight to leak in. Dream could barely make out anything in the room due to the fact that the LED lights in the room were set to the color red. George couldn't have done this, he had no reason to and he was colorblind; he couldn't even see the color red. They stared at each other in silence for a bit before George smiled and said something.

"I was wondering when you were going to find me." His tone was almost seductive. Dream had a bad feeling about this.

"What were you doing in here," Dream mumbled, confused about the whole situation.

"Waiting for you."

"Why?"

George pulled him to a blank wall and pinned him up against it, being a lot stronger than he seemed to be. The pieces started to fall into place.

"George."

"What? You don't want it?"

"Not like this."

"Why?"

George pulled his body closer to his and got on his tip-toes. Dream didn't know how to pull away.

"Stop, before you do something you regret."

"And if I don't regret it?"

George pulls him in and connects their lips. It was the thing Dream had wanted forever, for him and George to kiss. Every time Dream thought about George, it was thoughts about them being in a relationship. He always wanted to hold George's hand, or cuddle with him on the couch while watching a movie. Yet, he didn't kiss back.

This wasn't how he wanted it.

When he imagined him and George kissing, it wasn't at some party. It wasn't in a backroom of Wilbur's house. It wasn't when one of them were drunk. Dream could taste the alcohol on George's breath. He smelled of the foul drink instead of sweet lavender and honey. The kiss was one-sided and sloppy. It was everything Dream wanted, in the opposite way he wanted it.

It was bittersweet.

The kiss wasn't long, only a second or so, before George pulled away and stood flat-footed again, looking at Dream. Dream stayed pinned to the wall, staring with nothing to say. Despite George being the one to kiss him he felt disappointed in himself.

George's eyes started to droop, looking like he was about to pass out. His body started to go limp.

"Dreamm, I like y-," he started to slur, before passing out. Dream unpinned himself from the wall to catch George, carrying him bridal style. Dream didn't need George to complete his sentence. He already knew what he was going to say.

Hello! I decided to take an extra week for both a break and extra time to think about/ write this chapter, that is why I didn't post last week and am uploading earlier this week. Next week I will be back on schedule though (April 18th)! Despite this being one of the most important chapters, it's actually shorter than most of my other chapters. The next should be longer, though, as there is a lot that will happen in it. Stay safe, make sure to eat and stay hydrated! <3