Chapter Four

You wake up and yawn, stretching your arms out. You had a good night sleep and was ready to take on the offer of recording with Wilbur when you heard a scream. You quickly stand up and run towards the screaming before noticing a crowd of people gathered around the sick man. You run towards the crowd and kneel to touch the mans pulse, No pulse. Shoot, what do I do? You stared at the man in shock and turned to the little girl and the mother. What do I tell them? They look at you and ask you if he was okay.

"I-I. I.." You stuttered and the mother automatically knew the answer. She put her hands over her mouth and tears started flowing in her eyes. She took her daughter and walked away without a word. You cover the mans face with the coat and walk away from the man and sit down on the floor where it was quiet.

Tears started trickling down your face and you imagined the mans face, pale and lifeless. You curled up in a ball and hid your face in your arms and knees, he's dead. He's dead and it's all my fault, isn't it? He didn't deserve to die. It's all my fault, it's all my fault, my fault...

- Wilbur's POV -

I look at the man covered with a coat and realize what it meant. He was dead, I looked around and noticed people glancing at the man and talking, probably gossiping about him. Wait, the mother and daughter! They must be devastated, I feel so bad. No one deserves to lose a loved one, for sure.

Where is Y/N? Does she know?

Suddenly, I hear someone crying in the background, I follow the sound that leads me to Y/N crumbled in a ball crying her eyes out. She definitely knows. I walk up to her and kneel to pat her shoulder, but she flinches and looks up at me. We look into each others eyes and a feeling of pain strikes my heart, her eyes were filled with anger and sorrow. She scoots back but I come closer and hug her tightly. She didn't deserve this, all the pressure she was getting. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me back, putting her head on my shoulder and continued to cry. I want to be there for her, I want to become her friend. Because perhaps this accident was meant to happen, if it hadn't, I wouldn't have ever met her.

"It was inevitable, Y/N." I whisper to her with a calming voice.

"It's my fault, I should have helped him. I could have saved him." She sobbed, I rubbed her back and continued to sooth her. We stayed like that for a while before she finally calmed down and separated. "Don't blame yourself, okay? This isn't your fault, let's just focus on saving every that is alive."

She nodded and wiped the tears from her face and rubbed her eyes before standing up. I stood up with her.

"What do we do now? There isn't much since we've practically ran out of food and water," She asks me, turning to the left over food and water supply. I scratched the back of my head and crossed my arms.

"We'll figure something out," I replied with a reassuring smile to calm her and we both walked up to the stuff to count what we had. After we counted we looked at each other with concerned looks. "We only have enough food for one meal left?" I asked her quietly so no one would hear.

She looked back at the pile and coughed before standing up.

"Should we tell them?"

She nodded and shouted to gather the peoples attention, in which it did. They all turned to her and waited for her to speak, again. Finally she did, "I have good news and bad news! We only have enough food for one more meal!"

They all looked at her in a panic before starting to talk to each other and themselves.

"BUT! I'm sure the authorities will come soon!" She shouted again, trying to reassure them, but it was obviously not working since they were moving around and talking in a panic. This wasn't going well, what would we do?

____

- Y/N POV -

It's been a week since we ran out of food and water. You were laying on the ground, hopeless. The authorities hadn't come, yet, and people were starting to lose hope, too. Around you were the people that were still alive, laying or sitting on the floor, hopeless.

"I guess this it, huh?" A guy said, his voice cracked and quiet. 

You chuckled at the sentence, "Yeah, at least we tried."

You continued to lay in silence with nothing to do, you hadn't eaten in a week, plus giving your last meal to a random little girl who probably needed it more than you. Something then popped up in you head and you took out a medical card from your pocket. You took a pen from the floor and started writing on it.

Wilbur looked at you, confused, but realized what you were doing and followed you. People around you and Wilbur and copied as well.

"Now I know, not to trust the authorities," You sighed.

Suddenly, a sound from outside of the cave loudly approached. You wanted to get up and see what it was but couldn't move.

"I'm glad we met, Y/N. Your pretty amazing. You know that?" You heard Wilbur compliment you and could just hear how big his smile was.

Finally, the noise was a drill that broke through the rock wall and the police made there way in. Though, you laid on the floor, silently, and closed your eyes letting the darkness consume you.

"Y/N?"

THE END OF THIS ARC