Chapter Five

THE BEGINNING OF THE NEXT ARC

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I looked at the monitor as it continued to beep, counting my heart beat. It had been about a month since the accident. Most of the people who were in the accident had healed and gone back to their lives, but I was stuck in the hospital since I had apparently dealt more damage. They say physically, but they must have forgotten to add the mental damage as well. I could never sleep, so I would stand from my hospital bed and open my window to the beautiful city view. For some reason, the wall to the right of my bed was a giant window, but I enjoyed it.
Your might be wondering what happened to Wilbur, I'm not sure. He's probably back to his normal life, living happily. It's not my business to be curious anyways, if that makes sense.

I laid my right shoulder onto the wall and looked outside of the window and into the night. The lights of the buildings, cars, and the noise of the city roaring. It was beautiful, so beautiful. I wish I could go out back into the world, again. I could talk to my friends, to my family, and maybe, just maybe, to Wilbur.
Clink. Clank. I heard the door open and turned around to see my doctor coming in with a small cart with doctors supplies. I let out a long sigh and sat down on my bed to continue the daily procedure that included; Four shots, medicine, and some other important stuff.
"How are you feeling?" She asked, setting up her first needle.
I continued to look outside at the city view before answering her, "Good, like I do everyday."
"Then I have good news," I heard her say with a bit of excitement in her voice. I turned to her, curiously. "I overheard that you'll finally be leaving soon!"
My frown then turned to a giant smile before I was flooded with happiness and excitement, "Wait, really!?"
She nodded and smiled. I looked out the window with a smile on my face, I could finally leave! I already had a plan for what I wanted to do when I left the hospital, I would never take anything for granted, again.
The doctor then took her stuff and left the room and suddenly silence filled the air. I would finally escape this cage to see the world, once again.