Chapter 19

Pulling on Zion's shirt, I tugged him back to me, pressing my mouth against his, needing him to touch me more. He pushed his tongue against mine and swirled it as I did the same, kissing me hard.

It wasn't long before I felt a strong sensation in my pants as he slowly began to rub his lower half against mine, removing his lips from my mouth and placing them on my neck, kissing softly before he began to suck on it. A quiet moan escaped my lips as I felt his tongue on one side of my neck while his hand gripped the other side, tilting my head back, his waist continuing to move against me.

It was as if we couldn't get any closer to each other despite how badly we wanted to even though our bodies were already pressed together.

Bringing his lips back to mine, he kissed me once before he removed them.

"Shit," Zion breathed, pulling away from me. "We're going to be late."

Scrambling over to the driver's seat, Zion fumbled with his keys and turned the car on as I glanced down at my watch, checking the time.

"It's your fault," I mumbled in embarrassment.

"Right," he replied, his hand on the back of my seat again as he pulled out of the parking lot. "Shit."

My body remembered Zion's touch from just moments ago all too well and I couldn't push the thoughts out of my mind. I hadn't understood what had possessed me at that moment to behave the way I did and I couldn't formulate a reason why Zion had either.

Unless he was using me as another hook-up partner despite saying he was done with those. But since I went along with things, perhaps I did not care if that was what I became.

And then another thought struck my mind.

If I wanted to become Zion's hook-up partner despite my inexperience, I must've been attracted to him. I didn't think I was the type of person who could be so intimate with someone I harbored no feelings for. So, what then, was happening?

Stealing a silent glance over at Zion, I watched as he continued to drive with one hand on the wheel, his strong muscles apparent under his tattoos. The side of his face was perfect, at least to me, but his hair was astray from how I'd been tugging on it as another wave of embarrassment washed over me and I removed my eyes from him.

When Zion spoke up, I practically jumped in my seat as I was preoccupied with intense thoughts about my housemate.

"Are we not going to address what just happened?" he asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I think we both know what happened," I replied, disappointed in the vague words I'd spoken.

"I'm not going to apologize like last time," he said as I remembered the apology he gave upon kissing me a few days ago. "You reciprocated this time."

Looking down in my hands, I tried to formulate a response but a million questions were flowing through my mind, battling to leave my mouth. I shouldn't have been surprised when one did.

"Why did you do it?" I asked quietly.

This was a new side to me. I felt shy.

I felt vulnerable.

"I think that's obvious," Zion said, his voice deep as he pulled into the driveway to our house. Unbuckling his seatbelt, he turned to me, his hair cascading down the sides of his face.

"Why did you do it?" he asked me.

Well, that was what I was asking myself. And yet, despite all of the time I had to think about it, the words that left my mouth were incredibly stupid.

"I... went along with the flow," I said, averting my eyes.

Zion pursed his lips and nodded his head. "Right."

Pulling an elastic off of his arm with his teeth, Zion pulled his hair back in a small, messy bun and silently exited the car with his gift in his hand.

It was apparent I'd made him angry.

Right after I'd seemingly broken that ice cold barrier of his. But now, he'd built it back up and there was no telling when I'd be able to melt it down again. It was hard to talk to him when he was provoked.

Breathing out a long, shaky sigh, I gripped the bag with Alec's present inside and trailed behind Zion, slowly entering our home.

Upon our arrival, two heads spun in our direction and grinned, welcoming us back.

"You two made it," Alec said, rising from the couch in the living room.

"Of course," I replied as Zion and I made our way over.

"We're still waiting for a few people," Vincent told us as I approached Alec.

Smiling at him, I said, "Happy birthday."

Alec grinned widely and suddenly reached out, giving a soft tug to my wrist as he pulled me into a hug. The action surprised me and I jerked forward, wrapping my arms around his back when I felt him do the same. The hug only lasted a few seconds but when I turned around, I noticed Zion's eyes on me briefly before he darted them away.

At this rate, I'd never make up with him.

Well, silently setting Alec's present down on the table, Zion walked over to him, a stern look on his face. Alec raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Happy birthday, kid," Zion said, a smirk finally tugging at the corner of his lips. "You know what that means."

"No, I do not," Alec insisted, folding his arms across his chest.

"Twenty-three birthday slaps," Zion said, spurring a curse to escape Alec's mouth.

"On the ass."

———
thx for reading (: