Chapter 22

After saying goodbye to both of my parents a few days later, I departed and headed home to my housemates. The wooden door creaked open, signaling my arrival, and as I stepped through, I found a red-haired boy slouched on the couch, staring blankly at the ceiling.

Kicking my shoes off in the doorway, I watched as Vincent's eyes stayed glued to the ceiling and cleared my throat before taking a seat on the couch opposite of him.

"Hey," I said, Vincent's gaze slowly meeting mine. "I heard you're moving out."

"Yeah," Vincent said. "April Fools."

I narrowed my eyes. "It's not even April."

Vincent released a sigh. "Unfortunately so."

Stretching my arms high above my head with a yawn, I paused before replying.

"What if you got a job?" I asked. "Then you could help your parents pay for the rent."

Vincent pulled his laptop open and turned it to face me.

"Look at all of these," he said, clicking on tabs at the top of his screen that displayed job applications.

"You're bound to find one you like," I said, reading a few.

"No," he denied. "They're all bullshit."

"How so?" I asked.

"Minimum two years experience," he replied. "How am I supposed to get experience when they all require at least two years?"

I shook my head. "You're right. How about Food Mart?"

"They're not hiring," Vincent said.

"That's surprising," I said.

"Come work with me," a voice sounded from behind Vincent as he jumped.

Spinning around, Vincent's wide eyes stared at the older boy with long, blond hair and placed a hand over his chest. Lifting my eyes to meet Zion's, I felt a rush of heat along my cheeks as it was the first time I had seen him in a few days. Averting my eyes to avoid the embarrassment, I looked into my lap as Vincent caught his breath.

Frowning, Vincent said to Zion, "I'm no artist."

Zion leaned lazily against the wall as a small grin spread across his lips. "I could teach you."

"I am incapable of producing art," Vincent assured him. "No matter how hard I practice, you will not be able to distinguish what it is I've made. And I'm sure your customers wouldn't be too fond of having a permanent disaster on their bodies."

Pushing off of the wall, Zion shrugged before walking over. "Then what are you going to do?"

Vincent leaned back into the couch, angrily closing his laptop with frustration before setting it down beside him. "I'll be moving back home at this rate."

I wasn't sure why but it was difficult for me to find any words at all to say to contribute to the conversation. The only thing I could think of was how aware of Zion I was after my confession. We hadn't spent much time together after that time because I was busy with assignments and work and Zion picked up extra shifts at the tattoo shop before I returned home a few days ago.

It was no wonder my feelings of nervousness and excitement simultaneously erupted upon sight of him.

"We'll figure something out by then," Zion said. "Hopefully."

"Yeah," Vincent said. "I'm not looking forward to my father waking me up in the morning by dancing in my room again."

I laughed. "As if you don't do the same to me every morning."

"Like father like son," Zion said, turning his back to us. "See you later."

"Where are you going?" Vincent asked him.

"My room," Zion said, halfway up the stairs before he turned around. "Though, hopefully someone will join me soon."

Again, I felt my face immediately burn and cursed to myself as Zion left us alone in the living room once more.

Raising an eyebrow, Vincent said, "Is there something going on here that I don't know?"

"No," I said quickly. "I just have to help him with something."

Vincent's lips curved up in a wicked grin. "I see."

"Shut up," I muttered, pushing off of the couch.

Vincent was very observant and I knew he probably understood what was going on so I wasn't sure why I had tried to hide it.

"Have fun," Vincent said, sending a wink my way.

"Yeah, yeah," I said, trudging over to the stairs, trying to prevent myself from sprinting up them like an animal.

Pushing Zion's door open without sparing a second to knock, I closed it behind me as I caught him pulling his shirt off over his head. He turned around upon hearing his door creak, holding his shirt in his hand.

I hadn't even tried to keep my eyes on his face as I let them fall to his bare chest down to the waistline of his pants and back up again.

"It's you," Zion said, dropping his shirt onto his bed as he pulled a hair tie off of his wrist with his teeth before he tied his hair into a loose bun.

"You sound disappointed," I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"Ha," Zion said. "C'mere."

Slowly walking over to him, his hand found my cheek as he lifted my face to look up at him. Before I could even process anything, Zion pressed his lips to mine and kissed me softly.

Pulling away after a few seconds, he said, "Do I seem disappointed?"

Looking down, I replied, "No."

He laughed at my response and pulled me closer again, his hands resting on my ass as he looked down at me.

"I missed you," he said, looking into my eyes.

"It's only been a few days," I said, though my feelings matched his.

"Hmm," he said. "Then are we done here?"

As my lower half pressed into his, I said, "You know we're not."

He laughed again before bringing his lips to mine, widening his mouth to press his tongue through my lips. Opening my mouth wider to allow him entry, I kissed him back hard, swirling my tongue around his as a soft moan escaped me.

"Mmm," Zion moaned, slowly leading me to his bed where he plopped me down, climbing over me, his mouth still pressed against mine.

Lowering his bare chest to mine, he began to rub his waist against mine, sucking on my tongue as I reached up, tugging on his hair as the tie became loose, sending his hair down.

Taking the chance, I flipped us over so that I hovered over him, softly moving the hair from out of his face. Zion reached up and pulled at the bottom of my shirt as I swiftly removed it, crashing my lips back down on his.

"Cade," Zion breathed as I rubbed myself against him.

"Hmm," I said, kissing him once more before allowing him to speak again.

"You're fucking hot."

---
lol thx for reading (: