Chapter 7

Zion told me I was an imbecile as if I wasn't already aware I was one. Frowning upon his statement, I replied, "I know."

"Alec is stupid too," he said. "It's obvious you still have feelings for him and yet, he agreed to such an absurd idea."

"It was his idea," I told him.

"That's even worse," he replied. "He's hopeless."

"So am I," I said. "I don't know how to act."

Zion released a deep sigh before he started to walk over to me. He approached slowly and didn't stop until he was just a few inches away from my body. I considered backing away with each step he took toward me but there was nowhere for me to go. I was already against the wall.

Silently lifting his eyes to meet mine, he reached up a hand and delicately placed his fingers in the space between my neck and shoulder as I froze, resisting the urge to tuck the loose strand of his hair behind his ear. He brought his face closer to mine and I smelled the lavender shampoo he'd used as he hovered his mouth by my ear.

"Like this," he said, slowly trailing his fingers down my chest as a warm feeling erupted at the pit of my stomach. His fingers softly touched my body down to the waistband of my pants and he stopped there, pulling away.

"What?" I managed to say after he'd seemingly paralyzed me under his touch.

Zion couldn't hold back the small smile that spread across his lips as he spared a laugh.

"Just do that the next time you're in the office," Zion said, amused by my reaction.

"I'm sure my colleagues would love to see that," I joked, plopping down on my bed. I was still shaken up from Zion's sudden actions but I didn't want him to know.

"And why should I take advice from you anyway?" I asked. "Are you experienced in love?"

He took a moment to reply. "Somewhat."

"You're in a relationship?" I asked.

"Currently, no," he answered. "But I've had my fair share."

"I've never heard you mention any," I said, leaning back in my bed.

"They weren't worth mentioning," he said, walking back to my door as he grabbed the doorknob in his hand. "Let me know when you need some more advice."

He hadn't waited for me to reply and slipped out of my room as quickly as he had entered.

I wasn't sure about the events that just occurred and I'd interacted with Zion just now more than I ever had before. Again, he was always mysterious and hard to read.

Anyway, I pushed the thoughts out of my mind and decided to head downstairs in search of any food I could scavenge together for dinner. Approaching the living room, I found two heads busily watching the television screen and abandoned my previous mission.

"I see you guys have waited to watch Naruto with me," I said sarcastically, taking a seat beside Vincent on the couch as the episode had begun minutes ago.

"Relax," Vincent replied, patting my arm. "Half of the episode has been a flashback so far."

"Oh," I said and looked around. "Where's Alec? He's going to be bummed that his favorite character is in this episode and he's missing it."

"Probably with someone's mother," Vincent replied.

"What the hell," I muttered with a sigh.

"He told us he was going to meet a woman at the bar," Vincent elaborated. "Seems Kabuto comes second to her."

If Kabuto being Alec's favorite character wasn't telling of the type of person he was, then well, it'd be like Plankton being your favorite character in Spongebob.

But looking at things now, there really never was room for me in Alec's heart, huh? It seemed as if he was always off with a woman so why I ever thought my confession would get through to a dog like him was beyond me.

I didn't understand why I put myself through something like that. But I kept telling myself that there was no helping it.

Well, an hour soon passed by and I laid in my bed when I heard the front door open, assuming Alec had just returned home. I heard his voice but couldn't make out the words and I'd guessed he'd spoken to Vincent or Zion until the person replied back in a higher tone than either of them had.

He must've brought that woman back with him.

Vincent's door opened and I watched as he passed by mine, running down the stairs. He was a nosy fellow and wanted to meet Alec's new lover.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to do the same and I found myself slowly sliding out of my bed, following Vincent's red head down the stairs.

Alec grinned upon our arrival and the girl shyly looked between the two of us.

"This is Amber," Alec told us, introducing the dark-haired girl beside him.

Vincent smiled back at the girl and said, "Nice to meet you. I'm Vinny."

I hadn't bothered to introduce myself to Amber out of spite and remained silent as Zion approached us from the kitchen, a cup of ramen in his hand. I was surprised that he was curious about the girl as well and almost laughed at him.

Well, I turned around to look at him so I wouldn't have to look at Amber any longer and his eyes widened when he spotted her by the door. I raised an eyebrow and turned back to Amber who had a similar reaction to seeing Zion.

"Amber," Zion said and stopped walking toward us.

"Zion," she said softly. "H-how are you?"

Of course, Zion kept a cool front and replied, "Fine."

"You two know each other?" Alec said, asking the question both Vincent and I had been wondering.

"Somewhat," Zion replied, taking a bite of his ramen and remained nonchalant.

"My brother..." Amber's voice trailed off as Alec glanced over at her.

"Your brother?" Alec asked but she wouldn't respond.

And so, Zion took it upon himself to.

"Her brother is my ex."

———
thx for reading (: