Chapter 20

A groan left Alec's mouth as he backed away from the intimidating fellow before him, a large smirk spread across the lips of the older guy.

"You're only prolonging the inevitable," Zion said, nearing Alec who plopped down onto the couch in defeat.

He knew Zion was stronger than he was and nothing was going to stop the blond-haired boy from giving him those infamous birthday slaps.

"I'd rather you slap my back or something," Alec said, rising his feet in the air to protect himself on the couch. "I'm not into that ass kink of yours."

Zion laughed at Alec's statement and reached down, skillfully grabbing Alec's ankles in his hands. "And I'm not into your older women kink."

Alec frowned. "She's younger this time."

As soon as the words left Alec's mouth, knocking sounded on the wooden door.

Zion grinned wickedly. "Ah, speak of the devil."

"Shit," Alec cursed, his ankles still in Zion's grasp.

"Looks like you'll have an audience," Zion said, staring down at his housemate. "It's a shame you didn't comply earlier."

Vincent hadn't stopped laughing throughout the entire exchange and his face was flushed from laughing so hard. Pushing off of the couch, he made his way over to the door, welcoming the visitor behind it.

"Amber," Vincent said, pulling the door open for her to enter. "You're just in time."

She peered around the couch that Zion had Alec pinned to and her eyes widened in shock.

"What is going on?" she asked, her voice soft.

"It's nothing, baby," Alec attempted to assure her, his voice strained. "Just don't look for a moment."

Turning to Alec's girlfriend, I said, "He's about to get his birthday slaps from Zion."

"Oh no," she said, a worried expression on her face.

Turning his neck to look at Amber, Zion sighed. "Don't worry. I won't hurt him."

In an instant, Zion flipped Alec over on his stomach, pressing a large hand on the back of Alec's neck. "Don't you dare try to move."

"I won't," Alec said, his voice muffled by the couch where his mouth was pressed against.

"Good," Zion said, his eyes suddenly finding mine. His gaze was intense as he held on to Alec's neck and I sucked in a breath.

I almost had to leave the room.

"Hurry up," Alec whined.

Removing his eyes from mine, Zion looked down at Alec's back and gave a soft hit to the middle of it.

"One," Zion counted.

"Hey," Vincent said. "I thought you were slapping his ass."

"He said he'd rather his back," Zion replied, giving another soft hit. "Two."

I watched as Zion continued to hit Alec's back with soft touches until he reached Alec's age and released him.

"That wasn't so bad," Alec said, standing up.

"He went easy on you, Alec," Vincent said. "Where's the fun in that?"

Zion shrugged, walking past me. "As much as he didn't want me to slap his ass, I didn't want to either. I'd rather save that for someone else's punishment."

My eyes widened. "What?"

Slowly lifting his eyes to meet mine, a sly grin curved along one side of his lips. "You heard me."