bones, two lungs, one heart and a soul to share

Ambert// my OC who brings me comfort, hopefully he can do the same for you :]

_______
Ambert looked down at it as if he saw something else than the small flower cactus. As if the true beauty of the desert was in the blossom of its peddles, spiked pink with roots dipped in intolerance red. The midnight wind whipped dust over the shadow blooming plant, yet she stayed stiffly unmoving in the harsh breeze, solely living for her own purpose.

"Her name is the queen of the night."

"What does she mean?" I found myself asking.

"Patience, lust. Raptured spirits."

"Lust? Who could find a heat like such in the bare cold of this deserted night?"

Ambert looked at me then, into the depths of my soul. Perhaps looking for that spirit who raptured.
"The feeling is in between the oxygen we pass from one another. It's in the bones built up from our ancestry, the very bones who took us to where we are now."

"The bones? But aren't they tired already?"

"Of course they're tired, but our heart helps them. It beats rapidly when we look at each other."

"And what of the heart? Does it never lessen in stride?"

"Of course it lessens in stride, but the lungs assure the soul in us to continue."

"And how do the lungs assure the soul we share to continue?"

"By allowing it to breath in the nothing of space between our connected skin."