L A T E N I G H T S

"I'm right here" He mussed, his bare state frustratingly at the back of her mind as fatigue swept over her, and he came back and stepped into the sheer moonlight pooling into the room as blue squares. The glow caught his cheekbones, his jaw, collarbone...

Her eyes drooped, and a husky laugh rang through the comfortable silence of the room. She wrapped the sound around her, the accomplishment of his amusement settling a warm calm inside her. Before she could droop back into bed, he wrapped a soft silky robe around her, it's material barely a relief against her burning skin.

She whined lowly, tugging slightly at the strands of lace that seemed far too restricting around her waist. He chuckled, and one side of her wanted to fight like always. She wanted to rip the expensive fabric off and take advantage of the bare intimacy of the moment— climb into that feeling of awareness and acute pleasure, with his body always flush against her.

But the other dazed side of her won, letting herself get swept into a night of deep breaths and gentle caresses, of small nips at the lip and short giggles of grogginess. The only words traded between them their own names for each other, the scents of themselves entangled together alike to their unmoving limbs.