THE KEY

This is a small bit of the book I'm working on! It may be a bit confusing, but I think you guys will enjoy it.

Rhea (Rhealina) is our main woman protagonist
Ambert is the initial antagonist but becomes another main character <3 <3 <3

————

Isn't it beautiful?" Ambert asked Rhea, watching the firelight lick up the wall of shadows.

Rhea didn't think so initially, but when she gazed upon the raging heat and got past the horrible smell of the smoke and the pounding in her head, there was a glow so faint on the stone wall it felt like maybe she had imagined it.

But it had been there. Because when she looked back at Ambert, she could see the fluorescent reflecting, dancing in his golden eyes and it made her stomach turn like nothing before.

Beautiful.

Everything was so big. Everything is always so big and powerful and cryptic and critical. Maybe, maybe if she focused on the little beauties in a dyer situation like Ambert did, she could get through this.

The thought was pretty and flowery and felt so far away. But Rhea knew it was possible, she would just have to reach.

Everything was finally coming into place, she finally knew what she had to do. And she wouldn't break or falter.

Just like Ambert had said, they may be the Eight Bloodlines, they all may have a part in this war, but this was her fight. Her mission. Her battle.

She was the key.

And she was going to break the lock.