S O O N E R

Thank you for 500 views this week <3 <3
Here's a passage of my novel
~
I'd fallen asleep again. It was a dimness of memories flashing in my brain, ones that brushed my heart in a comforting embrace. A lucidness came over me when I turned over, a cloud of sheets and late morning daylight welcoming me to a less than harsh reality. But there was something else. A keen warmth beside me and across my arm, tickling through the nerves of my body. My eyes opened, blinking back the grogginess to sharpen the vision before me.
Ambert's fingers traced the veins at my inner wrist, his lips hot. His gaze flickered to mine, and he kissed my out-turned palm, a smile of the stars against my skin.
"You're awake," my voice was somewhere else, in a different place than my body and mind. Ambert had taken control of me with his solemn refreshment, limbs drifting towards mine like they couldn't help it.
"Yes," he whispered, cradling my arm against his chest. There was something easy in the way he touched me, unlike yesterday. There was a shared breath of relief between us. No nightmares.
A thread of hope sprouted in my pounding heart. I felt my figure meet his carefully, each muscle and limb sliding into place against his, into a home the two of us have created. Ambert inhaled sharply, but he didn't pull away, only skimmed his lips against the side of my face. He was aching with the effort, but he stayed, nonetheless.
"With every fiber of me," the tip of his nose traveled the length of my neck. "I'm sorry."
"For what?" He was rendering me breathless.
"For not being here sooner."