ᗷᘿᗩSᖶ ᖽᐸᓰᖇᓰSᕼᓰᘻᗩ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ONCE UPON A TIME...

You had been studying the dragons of the mountains as a small hobby for quite a while, now. How they had the hardest scales of any quadruped reptile, how they could harden their skin at will. How they shed their scales from a raven black to a scarlet red once they became an adult, to achieve a more masculine appearance.

The earth dragons of the mountains live wherever there may be forest and hills. They are mostly seen near water and trees that grow among forested lands. They are said to live in mountain dens atop the peak of a cliff, though no man has ever come out of one alive. They often collect rubies, jewelry, emeralds, and trophies, where they keep stashed away in their hoard. They eat sheep, cows, humans, almost anything with meat.

Mountain Dragons are very complicated creatures. They often show care and protection for other species, despite being enemies with many of them. They can be kind and peaceful, or dangerous and perilous. While they don't breathe fire or ice, like many other species of dragons, Mountain Dragons are extremely deadly. With a bite force of almost the strongest creature alive, with sharp claws that could pierce you from the slightest touch, with wings that could lift 80,000 pounds, mountain dragons could most definitely be one of the most deadly creatures that walk the earth.

And they were smart.

They knew how to prey on the weak.

Your village was one of the unfortunate groups of people who got the bad type of Mountain Dragon.

You lived at the bottom of a mountain in a clearing, where you had been living your entire life. And at the very top of the mountain was a den where a certain tyrannous, red dragon lived.

This mountain dragon was deadly, ferocious. He often sent thundering roars in the morning that were so loud, the ground shook. He stole cattle from the farms and destroyed homes with rocks that fell from his takeoffs. He scared the villagers every day, leaving them afraid of waking up in the morning.

But worst of all, he demanded sacrifices.

Like every dragon, he was a hungry beast with the bloodlust of a monster. He desired food, he desired offerings. He desired control over all who dare neighbor his mountain.

He uses to come down to the village every once in a while to collect a new cow, or sheep, or villager to bring to his cave and feast upon. However, the past villagers knew that at this rate there would be no one left, so they decided to bless the beast with offerings every month. Usually, it was whatever farm animal that was too old to be of use.

But the villagers were still losing too many animals. They had to sacrifice something every month, but with the monster occasionally stealing an animal, they were running out of too many animals too quickly.

So when the time came and they had no cattle or luxury to offer, they were forced to sacrifice a human.

That unfortunate human just so happened to be you.

You find yourself at the top of the rocky mountain in the hands of a brute and the head of the village. The strong man holds your arm, tightly to make sure you don't run away, while the old village head looks a bit uneasy.

"Truly, I apologize for this. You know I, along with many others in the village would rather you stay with us." The old man gulps, his rusty voice, low as to not wake the monster inside the deep cafe.