🏹🖤

THREE: come with me

Enthusiasm. It's a word perfectly describing an intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval. An emotion you feel, it makes your heart races in all twisted kinds. This emotion allows you to anticipate for what is to come.

It's the best and never the worst thing to happen to you. It gIt makes you excited and a little anxious for the wait that seems like forever.

Ivanna stretched her arms feeling them ache and so she groans tiredly. It's been a busy day and all she probably needed was a break to top it all of. Or perhaps she needed to sleep it off.

She plopped on her bed, her papers crumpling beneath her, others flew from the impact and landed on the ground. Swept by the cold air of the night, Ivanna took a deep breath feeling the cold air from the balcony to her open doors.

For what felt like hours, Ivanna's ringtone rung signaling her for an upcoming call. She reached for it from the table across her. A smile made its way to her lips. Sliding the tab, answering the call.

She then heard a voice, "Hello Ivanna-san."

"Hey" Ivanna greets back, placing an emphasis on the letter y. "How are you?" Ivanna asks as she plopped on the beanie in the corner of her room.

"Why, you miss me?" Ryuu cheekily asks back. 

Ivanna playfully rolls her eyes, "Says the one who called."  

Ryuu let out a wholehearted chuckle, "Are you free today?" he said anticipating a positive answer. Ivanna thought about it for a moment, she smiles gently from. Glancing on her phone which was pressed against her ear, imagining as though he was there with her.

"Sure, I'm free today. Where are we going?" 

"As much as I wish it was just us, we're going with the others. Coach is treating us to go into an amusement park to get off some stress." Ivanna giggles along to his bluntness. 

"Sure I'll come with you." Ivanna replies enthusiastically. 

They had a deal, and she was sure that Tanaka Ryuunosuke is using this as an opportunity to execute whatever plan he has in mind. She giggled silently making sure not be heard by her brother that just passed her room.

"Great! I'll see you then." he said hanging up leaving Ivanna shocked. Though bewildered at his behavior she shook her head. Going back to her bed, gathering all the fallen papers, crumpled and shredded ones. 

"I'll see you soon Ryuu.."

***

Looking back, Tanaka Ryuunosuke had always dreamt of a woman. It had never been necessarily about who the woman was, what mattered to him was that she was already there to begin with.

He didn't fret with the details as he was but a simple guy. He knows what he wants, not always how to get there or get that. But somehow, in some way he manages. That's always been him, the hardworking guy. The guy whose always there, who stays and manages the group in his own way.

He has his own time, his own way to shine. 

The guy who has his own ups and downs despite his joking tendencies. He was simple but it was alright, because in her eyes  he was extraordinary. And that's everything that mattered.

Today was the day in which Tanaka decided and made up his mind that he'd ask her today. Not tomorrow, today. He wasn't sure when to ask her out, but he found it sentimental if they were alone. Not with a crowd, not in the middle of a ride, but just the two of them.

'Just the two of us.'

That very thought was enough for him to feel delighted. So when he offered to walk her home after their trip to the amusement park, he pluck up all the courage he had within him and took a shaky breathe.

"Ivanna"

The sudden action that he did caused Ivanna to look at him in the eye. "Hm?" she hummed in confusion. The adrenaline was pumping up repeatedly, his heart was beating so loud, loud enough to be heard. With another shaky breather and another look on the confused face she had, he smiled.

"I'm new to all of this so I'm not good at it." He started, Ivanna didn't understand what he meant, precisely the fact at where the concept of that statement was directed. And so she let him speak on his own, for him to finish what he wanted to tell her. 

Ryuunosuke was having a hard time on his own, he couldn't figure out what to say to her. Or better yet how to rephrase all the jumbled words rushing through his mind. With another shaky breathe he looked up tp meet her eyes.

"Can I be your boyfriend?"

✐ _REDAPHRO SPEAKS ...

it's been a while, how've y'all been?
till next time, love ya! 🖤