🔥1

His knuckles burned. They were red and raw; the skin pulling away from his bones. Other than that, he had no other injuries. Tonight was a good night.

"Ya did good kid. Percy rounded up 3k. Keep it up and you'll be able to stop in a month or two." Jimin looked up as a towel was tossed his way by his long time friend Hoseok. He was the host of the Underground WarZone.

Jimin hummed, catching the towel and wiping the sweat that had coated his face and shoulders. There were a few blood stains on his grey wife beater and sweatpants. He obviously needed to change. He couldn't go home looking like a thug. "Thanks. I should get going."

Hoseok nodded and left him.

Underground WarZone was an illegal fight club that was kept a few nights a week. Fighters would enter to win money and persons would win based on who won if they made the right bets. The fighters had to come recommended since they didn't want anyone to die.

Death meant questions and questions meant cops which was a big no no in UWZ.

Jimin got recommended by Hoseok when he was 16 years old. They had met at a gym where Jimin used to practice boxing. They had gotten to talking and the older had mentioned the gig. At the time Jimin had really needed the money.

Jimin sighed and ran his hand through his light brown hair as he got up to go change. He especially needed to get home to finish a paper he had due the next day. He didn't waste any time as he quickly changed into a t-shirt and jeans and hopped on his bike and headed home.

His house was in darkness as it usually was. It was past midnight anyway. The small two bedroom shack sheltered him and his mother. He parked his bike and headed inside to finish his paper.

He hated college, but that didn't mean he didn't want to do well. He wanted to make something of himself so his mother could be proud of him. He knew she worried about him. His reputation preceded him. That was the sole reason he had taken a job across town where no one knew him.

Here, in his town, he was a bad boy; a bully. He was Fire. He didn't have a lot of friends because persons steered clear of him and the few he did have, well, they weren't really friends since they barely knew him. It was the obvious cliché of being misunderstood.

He was the bad boy who yearned for something that he couldn't find.

And maybe, he wouldn't ever find it.