Chapter 26 - Safe But Not Sound

Since you all read and commented, I decided to update, TWICE IN ONE DAY! I hope you guys love me....Anyway, please enjoy. I really like this chapter.

READ ON!

Liam’s P.O.V.

            I woke up, but I didn’t move. Pain seared through my body. My arms, my arse, my torso—that was surely covered in bruises, and my head. Everything hurt. So I just stayed as still as possible, willing for it to all go away, but knowing that I wouldn’t.

            “Liam?”

            My body tensed. He was back. He was here.

            “Niall, he’s asleep, don’t wake him,” Another voice said. What? Niall? I was so confused. The voices were coming from behind me, and I was lying on my side, curled up in a ball, the only way I could fall asleep lately.

            “No, he moved, I swear he moved,” An angelic voice chimed, hope ringing through the air.

            “Niall, really, you need sleep. Liam will wake up soon enough,”

            I really wanted to turn and looked at them, but I was in really no state to do that. Was I still in the room? Was I still kidnapped? It really didn’t seem like it. Was I free?

For some reason, I just didn’t believe that that was really Niall.
            I forced myself to open my eyes, even though the white light blinded me.

            I was in a hospital.

            I was safe.

            “Niall,” I whimpered. God, my voice sounded broken and disgusting.

            “Liam?” The voice said.

            “Niall, I need you,” I started crying. Suddenly footsteps sounded in the small room, and before I knew it, Niall was standing in front of me, his face happy and sad at the same time.

            “You’re awake,” He cried, a smile on his face. Niall reached forward and gently traced the outline of my face. “Baby, you’re okay,” He cooed.

            “Hug me,” I said, “Hold me, please,”

            I needed to feel comforted. I needed it. I felt broken, and I wanted the feeling to go away.

            “I don’t want to hurt you,” He said, crying harder.

            “Please, please,” I begged. Niall’s eyebrows scrunched together, and then he cautiously put his arms around me. It was incredible how instantaneously I felt better. “I’m sorry,” I cried.