Chapter 4 - Bad Dreams and Repressing Memories

Zayn’s P.O.V.

            Niall and Liam were in Liam’s room, so I didn’t have a chance to ask Niall anything else about his whereabouts. It was kind of frustrating, Niall showing up out of the blue and acting like everything was normal, because it wasn’t. Liam was broken. Just because Niall came back doesn’t mean Liam would magically heal. Harry and Louis and I all sat in the living room of Liam’s flat, just staring at each other, wondering what to do.

            “I can’t believe he’s alive,” Harry said, breaking down into tears again. He had just stopped crying and was now started again.

            “Shh, Harry, its okay, love,” Louis cooed gently, “Everything will work out. Just wait and see,”

            I smiled at their cuteness, and then headed into the kitchen, looking through the food and figuring out what I could make. If Niall was gone, he would surely miss Harry’s cooking.

            “Harry, want to make some dinner?” I called.

            “Sure, Zayn,” Harry yelled back. He came into the kitchen and threw his hands up in the air. “Alright, this is my kitchen. Everyone get out, except my loving assistant.”

            I laughed at him, and then noticed, he was telling me to leave.

            “Fine, fine, I’m leaving,” I said, “But you two be sanitary around the food.”

            They laughed and I walked out of the kitchen, back into the living room. That’s when I heard the scream. Suddenly, I was completely alert, just worrying about my best friend who was screaming from upstairs. Another scream came as I ran towards the steps, and I noticed that the yell didn’t belong to Liam, it belonged to Niall.

Niall’s P.O.V.

            Holding Liam was the best way to fall asleep. It felt so natural, so nice. I had fallen asleep in mere minutes, just feeling the heat radiating from his body. Unfortunately, sleep hadn’t come easily lately. My dreams were haunted.

            I was back in the room, the room where I had been kept captive for the past two months. It was the reason why I had disappeared. I was sitting on the white bed sheets, staring out the window, like I did almost every day. Then the door opened, and a shadowing figure stood there, his hands on his hips.

            “Niall,” He said, his voice sickly sweet and low, “Remember, if you tell anyone about this, I will kill your friends,”

            I swallowed and my body started to shake.

            “Please, don’t, I’ll do anything,” I begged as a haunting vision of a dead Liam floated through my mind.