Chapter 1: Aftermath

Objects in the room rattled and some things even falling to the floor as the airship finally landed. It was a quiet trip back from Liberio following the aftermath of the unplanned attack launched by Paradis Island's very own devil, Eren Yeager. The attack went quite well and was a considerable victory for Paradis, even if the Scouts weren't planning on having an attack so soon. Eren had left for Marley on his own several months prior to the attack. This directly disobeyed the order from his superiors.

With the death of the Warhammer Titan by none other than Eren Yeager's hand, and his brother Zeke's betrayal against Marley, the Warriors were left brutally defeated. The memories of the things he did and people he lost flashed through Eren's mind. The door to the room he was locked in swung open. It was none other than Ackerman himself.

"Get up brat." Levi demanded. Commander Hanji Zoe appeared behind him shortly after. A look of frustration on her face.

"Considering the fact that you deliberately disobeyed orders from the higher-ups and left for Marley on your own, you will be sentenced to imprisonment within the walls with very limited visits. Understand?" Hanji told him.

"So when will I be released? Or are you really just that unprepared Commander?" Eren snapped at her.

"Watch your tone Yeager," Levi coldly replied, "unless of course you want a repeat of what happened in the courtroom all those years ago."

"No sir.." Eren knew Levi could've taken him with ease then. But now? He could keep dreaming.

He overestimates himself. Eren thought to himself.

A sack was thrown over his head as he was then transported to the prison underground for him to be held in. To his new cell.

"Was that really necessary?" Eren asked after the bag was yanked off of his head. The only reply to his question was a harsh shove onto the ground of his cell.

He was now inside sitting on the cold stone brick ground. He at least had a bathroom with a sink right outside of it. The bed was the worst part of the cell by far. The sheets were ripped and one of the frames legs were broken making the bed lopsided.

Never thought I'd see a bathroom look in beyter condition than a singlr bed. Much less one that was in a prison cell of all places. He thought to himself.

"I still just don't understand your reasoning Eren." Hanji said, "With the scene you made when we met with Hizuru's people two years ago. I really thought you cared about Historia, Eren."

This truly angered him. Hanji knew it too which made him all the more upset. "What the hell are you trying to say?!" Eren yelled. He could feel himself heating up. How could she say such things?

"So you finally speak it seems. The whole ride you would only mumble the word fight."

He only then noticed his friends behind Hanji. Jean had a look of anger and disgust. Connie had a sad and fearful face as did Armin. Meanwhile Mikasa, well she just looked tired and upset. It was as if she hadn't slept in days.

"Well if this bullsit meeting is over, would you like the leave me the hell alone? I'd rather sit in solitude than listen to your pathetic lectures Hanji." Eren said while sitting down on the broken and uncomfortable bed.

Hanji then turned away and motioned his old friends to follow. Could he even call them friends anymore? Levi rolled his eyes and followed behind them closing the door and locking it after.

Eren sat and couldn't stop thinking about what Hanji said just earlier.

"I really thought you cared about Historia, Eren."

God if only they knew.