Chapter 11: Patience

*Eren's POV*

I laid on the bed staring at the ceiling. It was the middle of the night, only thing to be heard was the dripping of the faucet. I had just finished rinsing my face and shaving the facial hair I had grown since living in Marley.

"What right did they have to imprison me like this? I save this island time and time again, yet I'm the punished for it!" I thought to myself as wind could be felt making its way through cracks in wall. It was the closest thing to a window.

I pulled a silver ring out of my pocket. But it wasn't just any ring. As I held the ring in between my fingers, thoughts rushed through my head. The time I found out she was pregnant, our wedding, and... our departure. I miss her. I hope she's doing well.

The door down the hall from my cell swings open, stepping through the doorway is none other than commander of the scouts herself, Hange Zoe. She makes her way to my cell and grips the bars.

"Look, you need to cooperate with us here. You don't have much choice here. After all, you were the one to put the island in danger." Hange spoke.

I scoffed as I slid the ring back into my pocket, luckily going unnoticed by her, "Really? Still choosing to be ignorant? You all sat and waited and waited. I was the one to actually do something. I'm the one keeping the island's safety in mind. I have things to keep safe myself, you know."

"Really? Like what? It can't be that important if you willingly desert our mission and go on your own for months." Hange snapped back at me.

"That's the whole reason I did what I did. The military would've sat by while the island would be wiped from existence. I'm doing this to protect my friends, MY FAMILY!" I shouted before standing up from my position on the bed.

"You wanna know something Hange?"

"Hm?"

"I ate the Warhammer Titan. This titan has the ability to use hardening to create anything, even while deep underground."

"What are you-" 

"In other words, it's pointless to lock me up, no matter how deep underground you place me. I can leave whenever I want, I'm here of my free will."

I began walking toward the cell door.

"And of course, you can even kill me since I have the Founder. You can't  kill Zeke either since the Queen is pregnant and she can't be made into a titan currently. So enlighten me, Hange. What exactly can you do here?"

I saw through her hesitation to respond to confirm victory in this argument. I grabbed her jacket through the bars and pulled her toward the cell door.

"Tell me Hange! Is there any other way? What do you have up your sleeve? Tell me, now!"

I'll admit it, my anger got the best of me. When I yelled, I was so fueled by anger that I made titan shifter marks appear and there was even lightning flashing.

Hange snapped away.

"Damn it Eren! Still as rebellious as ever! Ugh!"

She stormed down the hall before walking through the doorway and slamming it shut and locking it.

I turned to the mirror on the wall. I was disgusted by what I saw. It was nothing more than a monster. But then again, how can one expect a horror story to have a happy ending? I'm doing what needs to be done. I'm doing it for them, for her.

I already have plans to escape from here with ease. Me and Floch prepared for this. I have hundreds of allies hidden within the military. We've officially formed our own faction, my brother and I. We will be known as the Yeagerists. The true fighters for Paradis. Our leading officials consist of Zeke, Yelena, Floch, and of course, me.

My brother has his own plan in place currently to overthrow the Military Police. Wine spread throughout the military has been tainted with his spinal fluid. Anyone within a certain range of him that has been drinking the wine, already has a death sentence. Zeke currently is held in the forest with humanities strongest soldier, Levi Ackerman. Alongside Levi are about fifty more soldiers, well trained and have a bone to pick with my brother after the return to Shiganshina all those years ago. When we lost Erwin Smith, along with nearly all of the scouts.

I just want one thing. To live in peace with my wife and child. I will do anything and everything it takes in order to achieve that.

My ignorant brother and that foolish giant Yelena believe I am truly with them on their plan. 

Eldian Euthanasia.

Idiots. For them to think I'd be on board with commiting genocide against my own kind! I just need Zeke's royal blood in order to start the rumbling. Then, I will bury the hatred born outside the island against my people. They will know the suffering Eldians have felt their entire lives. Paradis will finally be free.

I just need to be a little more patient.

Thank you so much for reading! School has seriously been getting in the way of me making a new chapter but I have plans for the next one. Sorry if this one is a little short, I made it at like 3am. 

Will Zeke's wine plan work? Will he be able to take out Levi and reach Eren?

Will Eren escape?

Teaser for something to come within the next chapter or two if you like the idea:

Someone discovers the truth behind Historia's sudden pregnancy?