Chapter 3: Confession

He has never been so embarrassed. The silence of it all was louder than him yelling at the meeting earlier, and he was quite loud then.

"Uh, wait so you knew this entire time?" Eren asked with his face glowing red in embarrassment.

"It was surprisingly obvious. You only ever spend your free time here at the farm and I know it isnt because you find cleaning stables fun." Historia chuckled.

"Yeah I guess you arent wrong. Can't believe I've been so obvious about it all.." Eren sighed rubbing his face.

"It was kinda cute too." Historia said with a smile on her face that could make him melt.

Eren was now seriously blushing.

"I couldn't help but notice the wording you used earlier either." She said with a smirk on her face.

Oh god. Please tell me it isn't what I think it is.

"I may be going crazy from royal work but I could've sworn you said "our children" earlier. What exactly did you mean by that?"

"Uh. Next question?"

"Nah. What did you mean by that? It's okay. Just be honest." She said while holding his hand.

Memories instantly went flooding in as they made physical contact with each other.

"Marry a wife. Have children."
Great timing. He thought.

"Truth is, I've had a thing for you since our time in the cavern.." he finally said.

"Really? I kinda developed a thing for you shortly after I became Queen." she replied blushing while looking at the children sleeping on Eren's legs.

Wait. Wait a damn minute. Did she just say.. she has a thing for me?

"Wait. You have a thing for me?" Eren said surprised.

"I thought it was obvious. Every chance I get I always rush out here to visit the farm because it typically means I get to see you."

Wow. I really am blind.

They proceeded to wake the children as the sun set. Eren cooked dinner for the children while Historia got the table set. They gathered around, ate, told stories, laughed, and most definitely smiled. Eren was the happiest he'd been in a long, long time.

After tucking in the children, Historia walked outside the home to see Eren in the rocking chair. To his surprise she suddenly sat down in his lap.

They talked for hours losing track of time. She laughed at the occasional joke he'd make. Eventually she fell asleep in his arm along with him.

He woke up when it was pitch black outside. He looked down to see her cuddling him and clinging close to him. He smiled and carefully picked her up. He carried her to her bed and softly tucked her in when he felt a tug on him.

He looked down to see her look at him with a faint smile. She whispers to him, "Don't go. Just stay here." He was stunned by her word when she suddenly pulled him closer to her and motioned for him to lay down next to her. Of course he complied.

He climbed into the bed next to her when she embraced him saying, "Thank you for never giving up. Thank you for accepting me for who I was when it felt like nobody else would. Thank you for being you, Eren Yeager."

He looked up to his surprise seeing her with tears formed in her eyes. He rubbed them away and embraced her.

He smiled at her and nudged her to look at him. "You wanna know what I love about you?" he asked.

She nodded sniffling.

"I love your beautiful golden hair. I love the way it glimmers in the suns rays. I love your beautiful blue eyes and the way they can pierce right through me. I love everything about you. The way you interact with the children. The way you arent scared to be honest with everyone about everything. I love your bravery. Hell, you even punched Captain Levi on your first day." he chuckled making her laugh in return, "Historia.. I.. love you."

She was then staring into his soul, not in a scary way, but rather welcoming. She then suddenly gave him what was meant to be a quick kiss but ended up lasting what felt like a lifetime. She giggled and embraced him again. They eventually fell asleep in the warmth and comforts of each other.

The next morning he woke up as the sun beamed through the window. Historia was playing with his hair. He shot her a smile and recieved one back. She gave him another kiss on the forehead this time. He sat up and looked at her.

"Do you ever wake up not beautiful?" he asked smiling at her.

"Probably more often than you." she smiled rubbing her hand on his face as she stood up.

"Doubtful." He smirked at her.

He felt his hair which he noticed was put into a small bun. He proceeded to ask, "Do you like it like this?"

She nodded, "You look very manly with it put up like that." she giggled.

"Maybe I'll keep it like this." He thought.

They talked as they ate breakfast in her bedroom.

"Are we a thing now?" Eren asked.

"Do you want to be?" she replied.

"Without a doubt I'd want nothing more." he said smiling.

"Then it's settled." she said giving him anothe kiss as he sneakily put his hands to her stomach tickling her. She erupted into laughter as she fell off the bed pulling him with her. They then laid there laughing with each other for the rest of the morning.

Life was perfect. At least, it was while it lasted.