Chapter 2: History

It was two years ago. Hizuru arrived to the island in hopes to make a deal with the people of Paradis. Though for reasons and terms that they didn't expect to say the least.

They were soon presented with the plan that Eren's brother Zeke had for Paradis to finally be free. Hizuru leader, Kiyomi Azumabito, tells the leading officials of Paradis along with others such as Mikasa, Levi, Hanji, Pyxis, and of course Eren, Zekes three step plan for freedom.

Zeke's plan is divided into three main points, the first being a test run of The Rumbling -- the cataclysmic event of unleashing tens of millions of Colossal Titans onto the world. This test run would be concentrated on Marley before being potentially unleashed onto the rest of the world.

Right now, the world believes unevolved and unorganized devils inhabit the island. When compared to the rest of the world's modernity, this isn't an inaccurate assessment on the whole. But this show of force would change that perception; The Rumbling would prove what Paradis is capable of.

This would effectively deter Marley from attacking the island directly, especially after being the most probable chosen location for the test-run. Even the might of their military, air force and navy would be no match for millions of Colossal Titans.

The second aspect of Zeke's plan was much more simple and straightforward. Strengthening Paradis' military and overall infrastructure. It is clear that Paradis is behind in the times.

Though the last piece of Zeke's plan came as a shock to everyone, especially Eren and Historia.

He wants to ensure that future Titan inheritors are produced as soon as possible, so he has chosen Historia to inherit the Beast Titan from him after she has created as many children as possible.

Eren was outraged.

How could we do this? Everything we've been fighting for was so that this idiotic cycle would finally cease to exist!

Eren had been fighting this whole time so that Historia didn't need to be sacrificed for him to use the Founding Titan, and now Zeke is suggesting that she will be sacrificed for the greater good but only after breeding like livestock.

Before anyone can speak up, Historia clears her throat and begins to speak.

"I understand. I agree to inherit the Beast Titan." She continues, "As long as the Rumbling is necessary for our continued existence."

Now Eren was beyond outraged. He quickly stands up, slamming his hands on the table while doing so.

"If broken walls, trampled land, and our children are bred and killed like livestock, are what we must pay just to stay alive..."

"Ere-" Mikasa tried to calm him down.

"ZEKE YEAGER CAN TAKE HIS PLAN AND SHOVE IT!" Eren yelled before storming out of the room.

Historia was stunned. Her cheeks began to warm up as tears formed in her eyes. She wouldn't allow herself to cry in front of a potential ally.

"I say we call it a day and continue our discussion another time, your Majesty." Kiyomi said before standing up and bidding farewell to everyone in the room.

Eren had already left the palace in anger. He got on his horse and rode out to the farm. He couldn't believe what he heard nor ehat he said.

I'm such an idiot. Our children? Our? If somebody were to catch on to how I felt for her we'd really be screwed!

Unknown to anyone but himself, Eren had feelings for Historia for quite some time now. He really developed them once be knew who Historia was rather than Christa. He never liked Christa. She seemed so forced it could make him sick.

He arrived at the farm and immediately went to the children playing in the fields. They looked... free.

He proceeded to play with the children. His visits to the farm were the only moments where he was truly happy, especially when Historia was there. When they were together she wasn't so much the Queen as she was just a normal girl. And he loved her for it.

He enjoyed hanging out with Mikasa and Armin of course, but Historia was... different. She understood him. He went to sleep under a treewith the children playing around him.

"Ahem." He could hear in the midst of his slumber. Sure he was asleep, but he could definitely recognize the voice anywhere. It was Historia. He cracked his eyes open to see her laid down next to him. They're eyes met and he immediately looked away blushing slightly.

"I don't suggest waking them." she said in a calm voice.

He looked down to see two kids sleeping with their heads lying on his legs. Smiling, he took his jacket from behind his head and laid it out on the ground. He then set the two children's heads down on his jacket as a pillow. Historia's face reddedned to see how careful he was with the children of the farm.

"So what are you doing here?" Eren asked while rubbing the head of a child.

"Uh, I own the place?" Historia replied jokingly.

Eren let out a faint smile chuckling to himself.

"No kidding. I mean what are you doing here instead of doing queen things."

"Well the queen is off-duty right now. And this is what she wants to do." She responded, resting her head on his shoulder.

"So what was that all about anyways?" she asked in a soothing voice.

"What do you mean?" he asked back hoping she didn't mean what he thought she did.

"The whole thing at the palace. The way you reacted to Zeke's plan. It would keep Paradis safe and I was willing to acc-" she was cut off by a stern reply by Eren.

"Yeah but how long? It'd just continue to repeat for who knows how long. And don't you dare say you were willing to accept the inheritance." said Eren.

"Wha-"

"I'm not gonna let your life be shortened because of our enemies. I can promise you that." They were both blushing once their eyes met again.

"Why do you care so much?" she asked. Her tone was different. It wasn't so much calm as it was sad.

Am I seriously about to tell this girl the truth? The whole truth? Eren thought in his head.

"Because.. I love you."
"Is it because you love me?" She said in sync with his response.

Well thats it for this chapter. Sorry in advance if its kinda rushed.