Chapter 12: Blood and Truth.

*3rd Person POV*

It was calm. Only noise to be heard was that of the crackling fire in front of them. Two rivals. One human. One beast.

Levi stared at the blonde, eager to kill him. They had been out there for a month now, Historia's sudden pregnancy delayed Zeke's execution. They had to wait at least a month for her to give birth, or so they thought.

Zeke read his book, for the seventh time, while knowing the short soldier was staring. A soldier then approached Levi and whispered something into his ear.

"Are you being serious? He broke out?" Levi asked looking at the soldier, who nodded in reply.

"Damn it. I've held onto hope for that brat for so long, every time sacrificing my comrades in return. All of that to get this farce? What a joke. A big, stupid, unfunny joke." Levi thought to himself, facepalming.

"We need to get a move on with replacing Zeke. They're clearly working together." Levi said before the soldier he was speaking to zipped back up into the air. He turned around to notice something.

Zeke had thrown down his book and began running off into the forest. Levi was about to begin chasing him when he froze. He turned to his side and was lost in a trance.

The wine.

"Wait. It couldn't be. Could it?" Levi thought to himself.

Zeke suddenly let out a scream, echoing throughout the forest. And just like that, the forest glowed yellow. Lightning flashed as all fifty soldiers sitting in the trees were suddenly turned into titans.

Levi stood and watched in horror as the titans charged him from every angle. He knew what he had to do, whether he wanted to do it or not. He began cutting his comrades down one by one.

Zeke rode one of the titans out of the forest.

"I hope you remember where to meet, Eren." Zeke said.

Suddenly a cable flew past Zeke's head.

He turned to see none other than Levi Ackerman, covered in blood, flying at him going full speed.

"Damn you! Not this again!" Zeke shouted as he bit into his hand, transforming.

It was the real round two now. Zeke broke apart the trees surrounding him. He began throwing the large chunks of wood into the air, hoping to obliterate the scout.

This was not happening. Levi managed to evade the projectiles before launching his counterattack by shooting his thunder spears directly into Zeke's nape from above.

They detonate and blow the Beast Titan's head clean off it's body. Zeke is ejected from the titan, burned with limbs missing. He loses consciousness before Levi drags him away.

Zeke awakens in the back of a cart. He looks down and notices a metal rod jammed into his gut. At least he thought it was just a rod.

"Stay still. I've stuck a thunder spear in your side and the fuse is tied to your neck. Make a sudden move and you just might find yourself blown in half or worse. You aren't going anywhere." Levi states with a bored tone.

Zeke groans before noticing his glasses are missing. He didn't necessarily need them, but he needed them.

"Mr. Ksaver..." Zeke groaned, "Mr. Ksaver! I hope you're watching!"

He made a jerking motion and ignited the fuse. Levi froze in horror, whereas Zeke seemingly accepted his possible fate. He knew that he had to take the chance. Otherwise, he'd just be fed to someone and his plans would be ruined.