Chapter 4: Nightmares

Images flashed in his head as he slept. Historia was there. She was chained up in a manner similar to when they were kidnapped by Rod Reiss. Suddenly a titan appeared and devoured her. Eren was stunned and let out a painful cry.

He snapped out of his dream when Connie shook him.

"Dude, you alright? You were shaking a lot and groaningin your sleep."

Eren was covered in sweat. His breathing was unsteady. How could it not be after what he saw?

"Yeah.. I'm fine. Thanks Connie. I think I'm gonna go for a walk. I'll see you in the morning." Eren replied.

"Uh, okay man. Be safe out there I guess."

He got out of his bead and left the boy's dorms. He walked out to the front porch and sat in the rocking chair. He suddenly started sobbing when he realized what his dream was.

It was no dream. It was the future in store for Historia if he didn't figure something out soon.

It was about 4 in the morning at the time. Training wasn't until 9 and Captain Levi wouldnt be there today anyways. He decided he needed to see her.
It was the only way he could calm down. He quickly and quietly made his way to the stalls and mounted his horse. He then made way to the farm.

Once he arrived it was about 5AM. He ran to the door where a guard was still on watch.

"What are you doing here at this hour young man?" the guard asked in a serious tone.

"I need to see the queen. I need to see Historia!" he yelled not realizing that he was being so loud so early in the morning.

Suddenly the front door creaked open.

It was her. It was Historia.

She stood there in her white nightgown. Yawning, she slowly rubbed her eyes open. She looked like she hadn't been sleeping either.

"Eren? What are you doing here so early-"

She was interrupted by a tight embrace and Eren dashed to the porch and hugged her tight.

He let out a soft cry and Historia motioned the guard to leave them as they entered the home.

"What is it Eren? Why are you so worked up?" Historia asked, concerned.

He then let go of her.

"You saw it too.." she whispered.

His eyes widened.

"The nightmare? I was used as a sacrifice similar to what would've happened had I sided with my father in those caverns." she said sniffling.

"I'm so sorry! I failed! I failed you!" Eren cried out when she quickly embraced him in her arms.

"How did you fail me?" she said before kissing him on the forehead.

"I don't know how to save you! Everywhere I look it's just another dead end. Once again I'm the failure in this story. The mistake."

She began to cry herself.

"Don't you dare speak of yourself in such a way!"

"But am I wrong? All the people that have died because of my failures. I couldn't see through Annie or Reiners betrayal!" he said in a frustrated tone.

"Eren. Eren look at me." she demanded.

Eren turns to see Historia looking directly into his eyes. Her eyes glowed in the moons light. She was beautiful.

"Historia, I-" Eren began to say when he was suddenly interrupted.

Historia had leaned in and kissed him. The two shared the moment for what felt like years. It was only broken apart when they needed to breathe.