Chapter 20

**2 Months Later**

Luke’s POV

Char and I had been busy since then. She had finally released her first album and started her first world tour with Little Mix. I was at an interview currently with the guys.

I: So Luke, everyone is wondering what is going on between you and Charlotte Harrison.

L: Yeah, I asked her to be my girlfriend on January 26, so we’ve been together for a while now. About 3 months now, we’re as strong as ever.

I: Do you love her?

L: I do, I really honestly do. It’s crazy how much I love her. Like I never realized how hard and fast I would fall in love with her. She’s my world, my everything.

I: Calum, what do you think about Charlotte and Luke? Do you like her?

C: Charlotte and Luke, the love birds. The way they look at each other is like the stuff you read about in books; it’s surreal. It’s like I’m watching a Nicholas Sparks novel unravel in front of my eyes. Char’s a pretty cool girl. Plus, she makes Luke happy, so I thinks she’s an awesome girl.

I: Now Luke, we saw this moment captured on a keek. You must really love each other!

L: Oh yeah, we’re definitely crazy for each other.

A: Crazy in love!

I: And how are you and Katrina doing, Ashton?

A: We’re doing great. We just recently got back together and we’re as happy as ever.

I: That’s good to hear. That’s all the time we have for today. 5 Seconds of Summer, everyone!

We make our way off stage and I decide to call Charlotte. It goes straight to voicemail so I decide to leave a message.

Hi baby girl, you’re probably asleep right now. I miss you so much, it sucks being on the other side of the world. I can’t wait to be back home and have you back in my arms. I honestly miss you soo much it hurts. I’m counting down the days until I see your beautiful face again. Anyways, I hope you’re doing okay. Everything is going well on tour, except for the fact that you’re not with me. Anyways, I have to get to practice. Call or text me when you wake up. I love and miss you, baby girl. Byeeeee.

I feel my phone vibrate a few minutes later and take it out of my pocket to see I have a text from Char.

From: Baby Girl <3

Hey, just got your message. I just woke up and it’s such a great way to wake up to hear your voice! :) I miss you lots too. :( I can’t wait to be back in your arms and cuddle with you. I can’t wait, counting down the days as well. I’m doing alright, I’m keeping Pengy safe and he’s keeping me from missing you too much. He smells like you and I’ve been wearing your clothes more cause they smell like you. Have fun at practice. I love you more!! Byeeeeeeeeee. :)

We arrive at the venue and head to the stage to practice for tonight’s concert.

******

“This next song is Besides You.” I announce.

Within a minute I was all packed up

I’ve got a ticket to another world

I don’t wanna go

I don’t wanna go

The silent words are hard to speak

When your thoughts are all I see

“Don’t every leave,” she said to me

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky

To the beat of our hearts at the same time

So close but so far away

(Can you hear me?)

She sleeps alone

My heart wants to come home

I wish I was, I wish I was besides you

She lies awake

I’m trying to find the words to say

I wish I was, I wish I was besides you

Another day and I’m somewhere new

I made a promise that I’ll come home soon

Bring me back, bring me back to you

When we both wake up underneath the same sun

Time stops I wish that I could rewind

So close but so far away

She sleeps alone

My heart wants to come hom

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

She lies awake

I’m trying to find the words to say

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

There are pieces of us both

Under every city light

And they’re shining as we fade into the night

She sleeps alone

My heart wants to come home

I wish I was, I wish I was...

She sleeps alone

My heart wants to come hom

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

She lies awake

I’m trying to find the words to say

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

She lies awake

Beside you

I wish I was, I wish was...

She sleeps alone.

My heart want to come home.

I wish I was, I wish I was...

(A/N: If I got any of the lyrics wrong, blame it on the lyrics website I got it from. They had some of the lyrics wrong! But I corrected as many wrong lyrics that I could spot.)

*******

As soon as we get back to the hotel, I send Char a goodnight text and head straight to bed after that.