Chapter 10

**2 Years Later**

Charlotte’s POV

R: Right now, Charlotte Harrison has been with us for the last few minutes. Just doing some amazing live music! *clapping*

R: How tall are you?

C: Oh my god, really?

R: No really, how tall are you?

C: I’m like 5’ 1”.

R: Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll grow to be beyond Ryan Seacrest height.

C: No, I literally stopped growing in fifth grade. My life is so sad.

R: Me too! I’m like- I can so relate to her, young blood. The reason I asked was because you have such a strong voice Like you have such a powerful, soulful voice.

C: Thank you!

R: For your age, especially. Um, alright. So, Bea is gonna be at our sold out Jingle Ball show. That, as everyone has heard, has everyone in the world performing at it. But Charlotte's gonna be there along with Sam Smith and Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande all performing at the show. So, she’ll be down there at the Jingle Ball Village. We want you to be on that stage with everyone, if you’re not booked.

C: Wait, what?!

R: If you’re not booked, we’re doing this sold out Jingle Ball and we’d love to have you on that Village stage that we have there. Depending on what you what you would like to perform. Staples Center, hello.

C: Oh, hahaha.

R: Come join us, please?

C: Okay.

R: I was hoping she would say yes. That would have really been awkward if Charlotte rejected us.

C: No, I put down the mic and walk straight out. I’d be like, “Alright, later guys. I’m really over this now.”

R: We’ve got this huge roster people and you’ve got to- You gotta do what you just did there. You have to!

C: I look so ridiculous! That’s amazing!

R: 5SOS is gonna be there.

C: Oh my god. Do you think if I asked Luke to marry me, he’ll feel really weirded out?

R: Do you have a thing for Luke?

C: Yes!

R: What is your thing for him?

C: Everything!

R: Hey Luke.

R: Luke?

L: Hi

R: How would you feel if she asked you to get married? How’d you feel about it?

L: I’d feel flattered, I’d probably say yes at the spur of the moment.

C: That’s a joke, right?

R: No, that’s Luke.

C: No, that’s a joke! That’s a joke, oh my god!

R: It’s Luke Hemmings.

C: No, it’s not.

R: It is.

C: That’s a prank!

R: Luke, identify yourself. Ask him anything.

C: No, what? That’s not even him, I’m gonna sound like a moron!

L: I really liked your cover of Stay With Me by Sam Smith.

C: What is going on?

R: Um, uh, Luke? So, how do we prove that it’s Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer?

C: Oh my god, I’m gonna pee. I’m literally gonna pee in my pants right now.

R: Yeah, we need to identify you.

L: I’ve never had to identify myself before.

C: No, oh my god! Oh my god, hi.

L: Hello.

R: Have you guys ever met?

C: No. My entire face is like 100 degrees right now. Like, I can just feel it.

L: Yeah, sorry.

R: You know, this has happened before in the history of this show. That an artist has said they wanted to marry another artist and then they got married.

L: I’m into it.

R: Well Luke, wait a few years. That’s my only recommendation. You don’t want to rush into anything as a member of 5SOS.

L: Maybe wait like 10 minutes and think about it.

C: Oh alright, sounds like a good plan to me.

R: Um alright Luke, thanks for calling. We’ll see you at Jingle Ball. She’s gonna come and perform as well down there, alright?

L: Okay.

R: Alright, tell the boys hello.

L: Will do.

R: Talk to you later.

L: Thanks for having me.

R: My pleasure, see ya buddy. Bye.

L: Alright, bye guys.

C: What the fuck?

R: What you don’t believe that you had a conversation with him.

C: No, I’ve had conversations with him before, just not over the phone.

R: Oh really?

C: Yeah, believe it or not, we used to talk all the time on twitter when I was on the X-Factor.

R: What happened?

C: We both got busy.

R: Well, we’re out of time I’m afraid. Charlotte Harrison, everybody.

“Thank you for having me!” I thank Ryan.

“It was our pleasure. See you at Jingle Ball!” He says.

I exit the building and hop in my car. My team takes me back to my hotel and I flop down on my bed. My twitter feed is probably going crazy right now. Everyone had heard that interview and it was gonna be in the news for a while.

I decide to check twitter anyways, to see how bad I embarrassed myself. I check my DM’s first and I see I have a DM from Luke.

Luke5SOS: Hey, how are you? We haven’t talked in a while! I can’t wait to see you at the Jingle Ball. :)

CharlotteHarrison: I’m good. We haven’t talked in forever! I’m pretty sure I embarrassed myself into the next century! I’ll see you at the Jingle Ball. xx

I decide to have a PLL marathon for the rest of the day to forget about what happened this morning.