Epilogue

Charlotte’s POV

Today was the day I would finally be seeing Luke for the first time in a while. Today was also going to be the worst day of his life. It would also be the worst day of my life as well. I didn’t want  to do this. I didn’t want to see the look on Luke’s face when I told him what i had to tell him. But this is something I had to do.

My phone vibrates and I see I have a text from Luke.

From: Lukey <3

Hey baby, I’m waiting at the airport for you. Can’t wait to see you! I love you soo much, Char! You are my sun, moon, and stars. I love you to the moon and back and you are my world. xx

To: Lukey <3

I love you too, Lukey! xx

It broke my heart to see him this happy, because it was going to make it that much harder to do what I was about to do later. Luke thinks I have two weeks, just him and I. But, I had to leave again tonight, so I only had to day until i had to get on my flight to spend with him. He is gonna be so heartbroken and I don’t want to break his heart. But, we both have to focus on our careers.

Before I knew it, we were at the airport. I make my way inside and I can’t even take a few steps before I am engulfed in Luke’s arms.

“I love you soo much, baby. I’m so happy to see you. I missed you soo much.” He whispers.

“I missed you too, Lukey.” I say, giggling.

I already had all my bags packed and in the car. I had my note written for Luke and I was gonna put it on his bedside table so he would see it  just before he went to bed. Luke was gonna go hang out with the boys and go to some club, so that’s when I was gonna leave.

Luke’s POV

I had just gotten to Char and I’s house, back from the club. I had had a great night with the lads and I couldn’t ask for better friends. I make my way up to my bedroom and find it empty. I throw my jacket on the bed and run over to the closet and find it empty as well. All her suitcases are gone, too. I see a note on the bed and pick it up to read it.

Dear Luke,

By the time you read this note, I’ll be long gone. I’m so sorry I have to do this, but it must be done! When I first met, I knew I loved you. You are such an amazing and talented person and deserve every bit of good that is handed to you. The world is cruel place sometimes but I hope nothing bad ever happens to you. You have taught me to love myself and you have showed me how much you love me. You are such a kind person who is so full of love. I have made some amazing friends over the time that I have known you. What I am about to tell you is going to break your heart for sure! I never meant to break your heart, but I can’t do this anymore. It wasn’t anything you did, it’s our careers that are tearing us apart. We are both so busy and I just can’t keep up anymore. I love you with all my heart, what I’m doing is for the best. We both need to focus on our careers. But, just know, I love you with all my heart! I love the way you scrunch up your nose in disgust. I love the way you throw back you head and clap your hands when you laugh. I love the way you kiss all over my face or tickle me to cheer me up. I love the way you cuddle me when we are laying in bed, having a lazy day or when I’m upset and I just need you to be there with me. There are so many things I love about you that I couldn’t possibly list them all in this letter. If I did that, this letter would be like 10 pages long! Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but you get the point. Just remember, I love you to the moon and back and you are my world. You are my sun, moon, and stars. Luke, this is goodbye, FOR NOW! Maybe someday we will meet again. Maybe someday we will realize that spark we had when we first met is still there and never died. Maybe someday we'll be together again. Until then, goodbye Luke.

Love,

Char xx

I text her, not believing what I’m reading. She isn’t breaking up with me, she’s gonna come back home and tell me how much she loves me. I’m gonna kiss her goodnight and we are gonna crawl into bed together, and fall asleep in each others arms. I’m not gonna believe that she’s gone though.

To: Baby Girl <3

I love you! You’re not gone, you can’t be! xx

My phone vibrates, telling me Char texted me back.

From: Baby Girl <3

I’m soo sorry, Luke, but it’s for the best.

I break down crying, realizing I just broke up with Charlotte. I didn’t know when I’d see her anymore. I wouldn’t wake up next to her anymore and tell her much I love her. I wouldn’t be able to cuddle with her anymore. I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep in her arms anymore. And, most importantly, I wouldn’t be able to call her mine anymore. Because she was no longer mine. We were no longer together and I think that’s what scared me most. I quickly call Ashton.

A: Hello Lukey!

L: She left and left me a letter saying she was breaking me up with me.

A: Luke, what are you talking about? Are you alright?

L: I’m talking about Charlotte!

A: What about her?

L: She left me. She fucking got up and left. She said something about having to be in the UK the next day. And in her absence, she leaves me a note, saying she’s breaking up with me.

A: Mate-

L: Did I not fucking love her enough? Did I not show her how much I loved her? What the fuck did I do wrong for her to do this to me?

A: Luke, I’m on my way over with the lads now. Don’t do anything stupid!

Ash, Cal, and Mikey arrive 10 minutes later. They have in their hands, movies, ice cream, and other junk food. Plus, they have beer. I knew I had the greatest friends in the world. I knew I was gonna get smashed tonight and forget about Char for tonight.