9

Garnet POV-

These last few weeks without y/n have been absolute hell. Not to mention that now we're after more gems. Lapis and Jasper are at the bottom of the  ocean and peridot is nowhere to be found.

"Garnet!" Steven shouted. "Yes Steven?" I asked. "Doesn't y/n get out of the hospital tomorrow?" "I think so."

I got a bit excited when I remembered that. I didn't show it though.

"Steven come on!" Amethyst said and dragged him away to go do something. I soon left the temple to go find Peridot.

———

Once I got back I was greeted with Steven and amethyst watching Crying Breakfast Friends.

"Garnet!" Steven said as he noticed me. "Hello Steven" I greeted him. "Wassup G" Amethyst said. I waved and smiled as I walked out to the beach.

I felt the sand hit my feet feeling it between my toes. I sat down on a random spot on the sand and watched the waves.

It was so calming, I just sat there and thought.

(Bold: ruby)

(Italics: sapphire)

R- Y/n would love this

S- I know. Don't you ever wonder what's she up to?

R- all the time. At least she's coming home!

R- it's gonna be okay. Our love is gonna be okay.

S: we don't know that. She could get more hurt.

R- let's not stress that right now. She's alright for now. We can protect her Sappy

S- right.

—————

Y/n POV

Ugh. WHY THE HELL IS THE HEART MONITOR STILL IN HERE >:(. IM SICK OF IT WHYYYYYYYYYYY.

"No offense dr. Maheswaren, but if I have to listen to this heart monitor for another day I will loose my mind if I haven't already" I said.

That made her laugh a bit but she still got back to her check up. "You look ready to leave by tomorrow at noon. I'll have Connie contact Steven and the Gems." She said.

"YESSSS! NO MORE ANNOYING HEART MONITOR!" I cheered. "You should get more sleep. Also, have you been taking your medicine?" Dr. Maheswaren asked.

I sighed and shook my head. "I haven't been taking it for a week." I said. "I seem to be doing okay without it right now. I'll get back to taking it tomorrow" I said.

She smiled and nodded. "You should take some now. It will make you really tired." She said and went to grab my medicine.

I sighed and leaned back on the bed and closed my eyes while I waited.

She came back a few moments later and made me take the medicine. "Thank you" I said and fell asleep.

———

~~the next morning~~

"Y/n!" I heard my name being called. I groaned as the heart monitor went off again. I opened my eyes to see Steven standing before me with some clothes in hand.

"Mmmm. What time is it?" I complained. "N/n it's almost noon." Amethyst's voice said. I gasped and sat up and smiled. "Really!" I smiled. Steven nodded as dr Maheswaren came in and took the heart monitor off.

(I've never been in the hospital personally for health issues sorry)

"Yessss. No more heart monitor" I said and sat up. I worked on while I was in the hospital and got good at it. I got up and took the clothes that Pearl had in her hands for me. I went into the bathroom to change and got ready.

I assumed that Garnet was on a mission because I didn't see her. I continued conversation until we were ready to leave.