part 1

Meredith and Derek begin to head towards the doors of Seattle Grace after a long day when a tall, red head enters the door. For just one second Meredith payed no thought to the women and continued towards the door hand in hand with Derek. Just for a second Meredith was taken back as the tall red head now stands in front of the couple.
Addison introduces herself to Derek quickly then snapping her attention straight back to Meredith.
"Meredith"
"What are you even doing here Addison"
"Richard. Richard called me for a patient" Addison answered her eyes locked on Meredith.
" I gotta- it's 911 on Abby" Derek speaks as his pager continues to go off. Derek quickly places a soft kiss on Merediths forehead before he sprints towards the stairs Meredith eyes stay locked with Addisons.
"Listen I an here for a patient, not you. I will be long gone before you even know it." With hesitation Meredith grips onto her bag as her keys dangle from the tips of her fingers.
" God can only hope " Meredith mumbles as she makes her way around Addison.

The Next Day

   Meredith quickly makes her way into Richard Webbers office.
"You didn't feel the need to tell me Addison was coming?!?"
"Meredith, I need her it would not have changed a thing." Richards voice steady as he stares at Meredith who seems to be slightly shaky.
"Did you think Derek would leave you? You think Derek is the type of man to leave you just because you once were in love with a woman?" Meredith seems hesistant with the words she is soon to speak.
"Richard, thats not- thats not it."
"Then what is it Meredith? What is it?" As tears start to stream down her face Merediths eyes lock with Richards.
"Im scared Richard I am scared.."
"You are scared of Addison?"
"NO! I'm scared I will find myself falling in love with her all over again Richard."
"That will be so awful how? How is being with the person you love so awful Meredith?
"She's bad for me. I'm bad for her. I- I am with Derek. He is a perfect man Richard."

•Knocking•

    Meredith turns around to see no other than Addison at the door quickly she wiped her tears.
"Uhm bad time?" Addison says as she sees Merediths tear stained cheeks.
"No No of course not Meredith and I were just having a little chat. What brings you by!?"
"It is my first day on this case I was just seeing if you would like to come and scrub in with me?"
"Oh No No Adele is in the lobby waiting on me date night!! But Meredith here has a clear schedule she would love to scrub in with you." Addison shifts her attention from Richard to Meredith.
"Meredith?" Merediths eyes stay glues to her shoes as Addisons voice echos through Richards office.
"Yeah sure Meredith has nothing to do" Meredith says slightly mocking Richard.
"Okay? O.R 2 see you shortly." Addison makes her way out of the room as Meredith makes quick eye contact with Richard.
"Really?" With that she exits following the click of Addisons heels in the hallways.

O.R 2

Throughout the operation Meredith found it suprisingly hard to keep focused she seemed to find herself looking at Addison a little more often than she should.
"Dr.Grey. You an Dr.Shepard?
"I uhm yeah we are good so happy together its - we are good." Addison looks up slightly chuckling.
" I meant doctor Shepard is he you like mentor are you interested in Neuro?" Meredith can feel her face burning red.
"Oh I general. My mom. Ya know she has a legacy. So I'm - I wanna do general."
"Oh, I it looks like we are done here Grey wanna finish up? Meredith takes the lead yet the only thing she can think about in this very moment is Derek. How is she supposed to tell the man she sleeps next to every night the tall and charming red head that now walks the halls of Seattle Grace was once the woman she loved. How does she tell Derek that she is scared of falling back in love with the person she thought would be her entire world.