3

After sugery

       "Good job Dr.Grey. Maybe you'd be interested in drinks on me at Joes after work to celebrate." Meredith hesitates as she takes a deep breathe.
"Yeah I'd like that" Addison smiles as her pager starts to buzz.
Of course. Why now. Why in this very moment does she have to get paged. Meredith thought.
" It's Webber I gotta-" Addison is interupted by Merediths pager.
"I gotta go. So do you it seems." Addison smiles as she starts to back away leaving Meredith where she is.
"Oh meet me in the lobby!!!" With that the click of heels slowly fades as Meredith makes her was in the opposite direction.
"MEREDITH" George yells as she enters through the e.r doors. Meredith quickly makes her way to the patient.
"Shes has internal bleeding have you paged bailey?"
"Twice she is scrubbing in with Shepard on the Nixon kid."
"GET HER TO AN O.R NOW AND PAGE BAILEY"

O.R 2

"Meredith your a resident you cant do this"
"She is going to die George I have watched Bailey do this a hundred times I got it."
Meredith you cant mess this up. If you kill this lady thats gonna be on you forever. Meredith thought to herself.
"Scalpel" Meredith speaks confidently making the first incision.
"Meredith! What the hell! What are you doing? Addison says as she approaches the table next to Meredith.
"Addison let me do this she was bleeding out Bailey is in surgery I know how to do this."
"Okay" Addison  says softly as she admires Meredith.
"Are you not leaving?" Meredith says sternly knowing that she hopes the answer is no. Addison grabs Merediths wrist before she has time to begin cutting again. Stepping closer Addison stands behind Meredith her mouth inches from her ear.
"Your safe with me you always have been and always will be okay i'm right here you got this." Addison speaks in a quiet whisper sending shivers down Merediths spine as she continues the surgery.

After surgery

Walking out of the O.R room my eyes quickly met Dereks.
"You better be glad Bailey got pulled from my surgery early. Why in your right mind would you operate on a random patient!" Derek said with anger in his voice.
"I was over halfway done before Bailey ever got there Derek. Everything is fine."
"Everything isn't fine you think you can walk over whoever whenever you want and do whatever you want like nothing bad is every going to happen and it will it catches up it always CATCHES UP!" Derek angrily yanks his scrub cap off of his head as he starts to walk back and fourth.
"I'm not doing this. I'm not arguing with you"
"Your never doing this. Its always talk about what Meredith wants to talk about fight about whatever Meredith is Mad about."
"Derek you don't mean that."
"This I- I'm not doing this anymore. We are done. All the back and fourth. Just all of it. Im done."
"Finally"
"Finally." Derek walks away leaving Meredith to be outside of the O.R. She quickly makes her way to her locker where she cleans herself up.
"Hey stranger?" A calming voice enters the room.
"addison" Meredith speaks softly trying to keep it together. Addison takes a seat on the bench next to Meredith.
"You didn't meet me in the lobby your shift ended thirtt minutes ago I just wanted to see if you were okay." With tear stained cheeks Meredith turns towards Addison.
"In the O.R when you said all of that were you just saying it to make me feel less freaked out?"
" No. I thought you knew all of that already. Listen Meredith we have been through so much. I know I hurt you but I promise with everything in me as long as im here your safe. You dont have to worry about a thing." Addison wipes the tears from Merediths face.
"You cheated on me. You cheated on me with our best friend ,our roomate. I-"
"I have to go"