2

As Meredith arrives home she walks in to see Dereks coat hanging by the door.
"Meredith!!! We made your favorite pasta come on!" Izzie shouts from the kitchen. Meredtih prepares herself to see Derek as she enters the kitchen.
"Smells great Izz" Derek walks behind Meredith placing his hands gently on her hips.
"How was work? You scrubed in with Addison today how did that go." His breathe warm on her neck.
"Addison? It was fine, yeah she let me close."  Meredith kept her response short as she took her seat at the table. Coming home to dinner and her roomates was one thing Meredith always looked forward to. The nights they would all come in and be together but tonight it was different. The one person she couldnt stop thinking of was the one person she knew she shouldn't be thinking of.
I have to be honest with Derek. He just thinks Addison is this great surgeon from New York. He deserves to know our past. Not for me but for him.
Meredith thinks on the situation throughout dinner and decides to pull Derek aside.
"Mer what's going on?" Meredith took a deep breath.
"Before I moved back here after my mothers death I was married."
"You were married okay."
" I- Addison before I moved back here I was married to Addison." Meredith quickly glances away scared for the words thats to come out of Dereks mouth.
"Montgomery? You were married to Addison Montgomery."
"I-I yes"
"Well do you love her? Are you still in love with her I mean." Meredith freezes as Derek takes her hand into his as their eyes meet.
"No. I'm not."
"Then theres that you were married" Derek kisses Merediths forehead softly.
"That's it? We are okay?" Meredtih stands in shock.
He took that way better than I thought he would.
"We are okay." Derek heads back into the Kitchen where Christina, Izzie and Alex are still making the most of the night.

The next morning

      Meredith rests in the lounge knowing a long day was ahead of her being  had hardly slept thinking about how she watered down her feelings about Addison to Derek all night.
"Good Morning Meredith!" Addison enters the lounge with a smirk as she goes over to pour her a warm cup of tea.
It just feels different when she says my name ya know. It feels.. i don't know familiar. Meredith thought as she watches Addison come over to seat next to her.
"Not having a good morning? Addison smirks tryint to find eye contact with Meredith.
"Morning Addison" Meredith smiles as her eyes meet Addisons.
"THERE SHE IS!!! Wake up. The day is just getting started." The pair chuckle as a pager starts to go off.
"It's me I gotta - uh I Addison." Meredith loses her words as she focuses on the woman who sat inches from her.
"Go Meredith! You have to go!"
"Right" Meredith takes off towards the E.R
"Grey a little late Karev got it" Bailey speaks as she stops dead in her tracks in front of Meredith.
"Sorry I sorry I'm sorry."
"You look a little out of it Grey like you seen a ghost or something. Go take a nap and pull yourself together! NOW! Meredith turns quickly away.
Maybe shes right. A nap will make everything better. Meredith goes into the nearest on call room and is quickly in a deep sleep.

Later That Evening

"Meredith" Addison speaks as she crouches down to be at Merediths level on the bed.
"Meredith." Addison says softly giving her a slight tap.
"hmm" Meredith says slowly waking up.
"Addison, what happened?" Meredith speaks now awake her eyes locked on Addisons.
"Nothing happened I- I just want to know if you want to scrub in with me. But you seem a little out of it today maybe tomorrow?" Addison smiles as she stands up from Merediths bedside.
"No wait-" Meredith without thought grabs Addisons hand quickly standing.
"Im good see. I want to scrub in with you" Addison smriks looking down at the hand which is still in Merediths grip.
"Thats what I like to hear Dr.Grey lets get to it!"