July 1997 - Warning Mature Scenes

Lucy followed Draco out of the sitting room and to the dining room where both of their parents and Lucy's brother Grayson sat, food filled the table as they entered.

"Ah, glad you two could join us." Lucius drawled, almost sarcastically. He barely looked up at them, as he read the Daily Prophet and he and Ellion discussed it contents.

Draco pulled out a chair for Lucy as the two of them sat down and began to eat in silence.

"Well, I think we should probably discuss the events of your wedding today." Alissa spoke, looking to Lucy and Draco.

"Okay. Even though I don't get a say in much," Lucy began, looking up to her mother before she focused back onto the food in front of her, "I still want to be able to choose how I want things. We'll have to figure out the honeymoon as well." Lucy replied casually, as she took another bite from her breakfast.

Alissa and Narcissa both looked to Lucy as though she had grown a second head and she looked confusingly at Draco as he cleared his throat uncomfortably. "What?" Lucy asked confused.

"You can wait until the school year is over before going anywhere." Alissa announced, smiling at Lucy as though it were just another typical conversation they had on the daily.

"What?" Lucy asked.

"Pardon, Lucy." Ellion snapped, looking up from his cup of tea.

"Pardon?" Lucy responded to her mother.

"You and Draco are still going to school in September." Alissa said as she stifled a laugh.

"You expect us to plan a wedding, have it and go back to school like nothing ever happened?" Lucy asked seriously. "Without a honeymoon as well?" She added, looking at Alissa and then at Draco. He refused to look at her or their mother's as they spoke.

"Don't be daft, child. You are still seventeen, you are expected to return to school so you will. Then after you have finished you will be a wife and that is where your duties will lie." Alissa snapped, causing everyone to look in their direction.

Lucy dropped her knife and fork on the table which caused a clatter as she forced her chair backwards. She stood and left the room in silence.

She walked through the manor until she was at the backdoor and she headed out into the garden.

She welcomed the warming early summer sun on her skin as she stepped outside, finally able to relax and took a breath.

Lucy wandered the gardens before she stood at the gate and pushed it open. She walked out into the field. She wandered through the long drying grass, not focusing where she was going, just walking.

Lucy continued walking until she came across a shaded tree and sat underneath it, leaning against the large trunk.

She sighed and picked at the grass around her, thinking to herself.

"Don't run off like that." Draco called out to her, startling her. She had been sitting down for quite some time and was almost ready to head back when he came and joined her, sitting next to her.

"I felt suffocated, I had to get out." Lucy admitted, shaking her head before leaning it back against the tree behind her.

Draco sighed, almost annoyed. "You keep fighting everyone on this, can't you just suck it up and deal with it now, so you don't have to worry anymore?" Draco asked, frustrated.

"I'm fighting everyone because they've put this on us, and now we have this expectation, yet we still have to keep up our appearances and go back to school?" Lucy replied annoyed.