August 1997 - Warning Mature Scenes

Draco refused to tell her what he had done that night, even after a couple weeks had gone by. And even though she had mostly dropped it, she still worried for him.

"You ready?" Narcissa asked Lucy who was finishing her glass of juice in the kitchen.

"Yes, I am." She said turning to her before placing her glass in the sink and following her out.

The two of them disapparated from the Malfoy Manor, coming to the entrance of Parcivall Manor where Alissa was waiting for them.

"Okay, let's go." Alissa said, as they climbed into the muggle car and peeled out of the Parcivall driveway.

The drive was two hours with the traffic as they reached the centre of London. Alissa had made appointments at four different bridal boutique stores, hoping one of them Lucy would find her dress.

As the three of them made their way through the day, Lucy had tried on at least fifteen different dresses, none of them feeling like the 'one' as they entered the fourth store.

It was a luxurious boutique store and the dresses lined the walls as they entered.

"Welcome." The muggle consultant drawled as they stepped inside, offering glasses of champagne immediately. The three women accepted the beverage and Narcissa and Alissa were led by an assistant over to the other side of the shop while the consultant sat down with Lucy, asking her questions about the type of gown she was looking for.

"Something... romantic yet classy." Lucy said, looking around.

"Alright, I'll just get you to pop through the back there and I will bring out some designs for you to try on." She said, smiling sweetly at her.

Lucy followed the instructions and waited until the consultant and assistant came back out with a handful of gorgeous gowns.

The first was a ball gown with lace bodice and sparkling skirt. Lucy looked into the mirror and thought she looked like a princess.

She walked out to her mother and Narcissa and waited for their reaction.

"I think, less skirt." Narcissa said, eyeing the puffiness of the dress.

"I agree." Alissa said, nodding. Lucy sighed and walked back out, ready to try on the second dress.

The next one was a full length, mermaid gown, featuring a sparkling, beaded slip dress underneath. It was sleeveless and had a low V-back and a long train.

She hardly recognised herself as she stepped in front of the mirror, the dress hugged her curves and accentuated all the right places.

It was definitely bold, but Lucy loved how it made her feel confident and sexy yet happy.

She hesitantly walked out to her mother and Narcissa, scared for their reactions as she stepped in front of them onto the podium.

"Well, ladies?" the consultant asked, raising an eyebrow at them. They both studied the dress, as Lucy turned on the stand, looking at herself in the mirror again.

At first both of the women remained silent and Lucy looked at them worried. "It's definitely a statement." Alissa declared, standing and walking around Lucy.

"It is quite daring." Narcissa said, nodding. "It's not too much?" She asked Alissa, standing and walking over to her side as the two of them played with the fabric at Lucy's feet.

"She'll only be wed once." Alissa smirked, shrugging at Narcissa.

"It's the one." Lucy said quietly, smiling at her reflection in the mirror. Narcissa and Alissa looked up at her, before the consultant came over to them and they discussed veils, shoes and accessories.