July 1997 - Warning Mature Scenes

"Ah, Lucy." Narcissa said as they sat down at the table. "Your family has gone back to the manor for a few days, you're welcome to return home if you wish." She said before standing and leaving Draco and her alone.

Lucy looked over at Draco who remained quiet. "Do you want me to leave?" she finally asked him.

Draco rolled his eyes and look at her annoyed. "Obviously not." He replied sternly.

"You do realise that after we're married, you won't get another chance to get rid of me?" Lucy asked, watching him curiously.

Draco stifled a laugh at her, shaking his head. "Yes, I realise that." He finally answered.

Lucy looked back at her plate in front of her and took a breath. "It still hasn't hit me that in less than three months I will be Lucy Marie Malfoy." She admitted to him quietly.

"Come with me." Draco said abruptly, startling her. He took her hand with his and pulled her up from the chair. He led her out of the room and down the corridor into the library.

"What are you looking for?" Lucy asked as she watched him rummage around the draws.

Draco sighed and pulled something out of the draw and turned to look at her.

"I've had this for a while." He said, looking down at the small box in his hands. "I came across it one day and wasn't able to leave without getting it then and there." He explained.

Lucy frowned at him, confused. "Well, what is it?" She asked.

He hesitated for a moment, unsure if he wanted to show it to her or not.

Lucy watched him as he carefully opened the small box. It looked like a jewellery box the way it opened, and Lucy frowned as Draco took a breath before walking over to her and looked into her eyes.

"I want you to have this." He said quietly, before he knelt on one knee, taking her by surprise.

"Draco? What-?" She mumbled, still confused.

"I want you to have this," he repeated himself, before looking back down at the piece, "but I want you to want it." He explained, turning the box around to her and revealed a gorgeous antique cushion-cut diamond ring.

"Draco-." Lucy gasped looking at the exquisite piece before her.

"I want to marry you; I want a life with you." Draco finally blurted, his voice shaking.

She had hardly seen this side of him, and she could tell it took everything in him to show this kind of vulnerability.

"Draco!" she gasped, falling to her knees in front of him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into her. "Of course. Yes!" she said, a large smile plastered on her face. She pulled back from him and looked him in his yes, her hands rested on either side of his face. "I will spend every day for the rest of my life wanting to be with you." She said quietly as she leant her face in to his and kissed him. She felt him wrap his arms around her waist, holding her tightly and in that moment she felt something she never thought she would feel for this man: love.

They pulled back from their kiss as Draco smiled at her and he gently pulled the ring out of its box and carefully slid it onto her ring finger. He held her hand and admired the true beauty of the ring.

Lucy looked at the ring once more before looking back at him, the happiest she had ever been and kissed him again.

Draco pulled her off the floor and they continued their embrace as Draco carefully pushed Lucy over to the couch against the wall. He broke the kiss briefly to close the door and pulled off his shirt, flinging it to the floor beside him.