Quick Foreword: A/N, Glossary & Acknowledgements

Author's Note

Hello, and thanks for checking out the second draft of my debut novel! My plan is to rewrite this eventually. Therefore, your comments and feedback are critical. I have thick skin, so do not be afraid to point out the parts that don't work for you. I will also feast greedily on your praise.

Glossary

Since this is a fantasy novel, there are a lot of strange things introduced, so I've included a glossary of the important stuff and most of the characters at the end (after Chapter 57). Totally optional, but probably useful. Exposition management is going to be a big part of the rewrite :)

Acknowledgements

A big thank you to several folks who have been on this journey with me so far:

@CocoNichole - the first person to finish it, as far as I know! Be sure to check out her Featured Wattpad fantasy novel, SUN KISSED (The Encante Trilogy: Book 1).

@KristieForbes - the first beta-reader, who had feedback worth more than all the gold.

@Alecia_Stone - for choosing THE MOUNTAIN DANCER for the CBY Book Club's Book of the Month, December 2014 (http://cbybookclub.blogspot.ca/).

@TheOrangutan - for reading and slating this story for Featured status on Wattpad (March 2015).

@MapleCFreter @JoanaDimitrova @cravinq-rain @wingsanddragons - For being constant readers and commenters as part of the wonderful @MinimalisticBookClub — They all have excellent, successful, completed novels here on Wattpad and will probably be famous IRL someday. Go show some love.

@[Everyone else who reads, comments, or votes.] - Your actions will cause my phone to go "vrrt" and thus provide the nutritious, delicious, precious motivation every writer needs to continued to be inspired, fuel the muse, and scale Mount Writer's Block. It will always be worth more than money, despite the occasional claim otherwise :)

Cheers, and enjoy the story.