Makings of a Mother

*Yawn*

Rising up from the bedsheets. Kurfürst rubbed her eyes and gazed around the room.

Kurfürst: Hmm, someone moved me to my room...feel sorry for their back after that

She lifted the covers to get out of bed, however, her legs felt like they were weighed down. Sure enough, Laffey was sleeping on her legs, and next to her was Hammann doing the same.

Kurfürst: These two...*Softly* Laffey, Hammann, it's time to get up

The two stirred in their sleep, so Kurfürst shook them lightly to finish the job. Laffey sat up with her eyes still closed, while Hammann stretched and meowed.

Laffey: Hmm, morning mom

Kurfürst: Mom? Not Auntie like the others?

Laffey: You're more like a mom

Kurfürst pat Laffey's head, as the girl melted into the touch.

Hammann: Hm? Where am I? This isn't Sims room

Kurfürst: Well, you were in here with us, so I guess you fell asleep with us too

Hammann looked to Kurfürst, a blush slowly covered her face until she couldn't take the stare anymore.

Hammann: Alright alright! I did fall asleep on you!

Kurfürst: *smiles* Now that wasn't hard was it?

Hammann: Shut up!

The three of them got out of bed and dressed for the day. The two destroyers getting out quicker than the battleship as she put on her armor.

Afterwards, the trio entered the cafeteria, quickly getting their meals and sitting down in a more open table.

Kurfürst: Now Laffey, are you feeling better?

Laffey: Yes, Laffey has more energy than she did before

Kurfürst: See what a good diet does you? It's wonderful

As the three ate, the were joined by more destroyers and subs, at first, they were talking amongst themselves. But soon they quieted down, and looked at Kurfürst.

...

Kurfürst: Is there...something you all need?

The girls looked at each other, before Eldridge spoke up.

Eldridge: We heard from Enterprise that today's your last day here

Kurfürst: *sigh* Unfortunately, it is, I can't stay here forever

Eldridge: Well, we wanted to know how having a mother was like

Kurfürst: Hm? What are talking about?

Spence: W-what she means is...umm...

Downes: We wanted to ask if you could spend the day with us!

...

Kurfürst: Did...did you just say-

Downes: To spend the day with all of us? I did

Laffey: Laffey thinks you should accept, it's great having a mom

Kurfürst just stared at the girls, all before she covered her eyes and looked down.

Laffey: *worried* Mom?

They heard footsteps, behind Kurfürst, Enterprise and Washington were looking concerned for their Aunt.

Washington: Hey, Auntie?