Chapter 27: Together Again

"Let go of me, you creep!" Unikitty cried, struggling to get free from Master Hazard's grasp.

"Princess!" Hawkodile yelled from down the hallway.

"Hawk! HELP!" Unikitty exclaimed. Her eyes welled up with tears. "Please! I don't want to go back!" She begged. 

He could see the pain in her eyes. Terrible things must have happened while she was in that cell. 

"Unikitty!" He lunged forward and punched Master Hazard in the face. Hazard yelped, dropping Unikitty in the proccess.

Hawkodile fell to his knees and helped her up. "Are you okay?"

Unikitty immediately squeezed him tight. "Please don't let them take me again..." She cried.

A large group of Doom Lords then came running down the hallway. Hawkodile wrapped his arms around her defensively.

"Just give us the princess and we'll leave you alone." Master Fear said.

Unikitty looked at them with a painful expression, then turned to look away. "Please..." She said quietly.

Hawkodile pushed her behind him, then stood up. "No." He stated. "I'm her bodyguard, and nothing is going to make me give her to you."

"We won't even bother you or the rest of your friends. Just give us the princess."

"No." He repeated. He turned around to face Unikitty. "Run." He whispered, then charged at the group of Doom Lords.

"Wait! Hawk, stop!" She exclaimed. He didn't listen to her and continued fighting.

"Hawkodile!" She cried.

"Just run, princess!" He yelled. "I'll be fine, just go!"

She turned around, about to bolt, when she realized what she was doing. She turned back around to face her friend, who was fighting five or more Doom Lords at a time.

Her fur slowly started turning red. He noticed it immediately. "Princess, no!" Master Misery jumped onto him, which forced him to fall to the ground.

She roared, setting some of the carpet on fire. Master Plague then jumped onto Unikitty. She screamed, her fur then turning white from panic. 

Hawkodile tried to help her, but he was soon tackled by three other Doom Lords. He fought them all off, but was unable to save Unikitty.

Master Pain then went to help Plague hold down the princess.

She screamed. "Help! Please!" Her eyes filled with tears. "I don't want to go back again..."

Master Malice shoved the bodyguard against the wall, choking him in the proccess. He could barely breathe.

"Hawkodile!" Unikitty cried, struggling to get free. "Please, let him go!"

"Princess..." Hawkodile moaned, his face turning purple, then passed out due to the lack of oxygen in his body.

"HAWKODILE!" She yelled, her eyes filling with tears. Suddenly, there was a large explosion from down the hallway. Malice dropped Hawkodile to the floor, startled.

"What was that...?" Pain asked, confused. Confetti pieces were everywhere, some coming down from the ceiling. A piece then landed in front of Unikitty. She stared at it.

"Confetti..." She looked up. "But... that could only mean..." 

Then, through the smoke of the explosion, three familiar figures then came into view.

"Let go of my sister!" One of the figures leaped onto Master Misery and began barking into his ear. Unikitty recognized who it was. "Little bro!"

Misery cringed, covering his ears with his hands. Puppycorn bit Hazard's hand, forcing him to let go of Unikitty.