Chapter 32: One More Time

Hawkodile sat in the corner of his cage, his knees pulled to his chest and his arms wrapped around his head.

He wasn't sure what to do next. The kingdom was going to be destroyed and was going to be separated from his friends. And, worst of all, there wasn't anything he couldn't do about it...

Suddenly, he heard someone crying from a room next to him. He crawled a little closer to the wall next to where the noise was coming from.

"I'm never going to see my friends again..." The voice sobbed. "They were like family to me... and now I'm never going to see them again..."

"Dr. Fox...?" He said, trying to be a little louder so that the voice could hear him on the other side of the wall. The voice stopped crying. "Hawkodile?"

"Yeah, its me." He replied. "Are you okay?"

"Hawk... I..." She burst into tears. "I don't want to leave!" She cried.

"Me neither..." He said, his voice getting softer.

"The kingdom is my home..." She replied. "Everything I know and love... it's all here... and..." She paused. "I... I don't want to leave you guys, either..."

"Don't worry." He assured her. "I know we'll get out of here and we'll see each other again..." He put his hand on the wall. "I promise..."

Although he couldn't see it, she had done the same.

There was then moment of silence between the two. The only thing Hawkodile could hear Dr. Fox quietly crying to herself. He nearly started crying himself, but fought the urge.

"Hawk..." She finally said after a few minutes. "There's something I need to tell you..."

"What is it?"

"I... I..." She paused. "I have a crush on you."

His heart nearly skipped a beat. "What?"

"I'm not sure how it happened, it's just... you're such a nice guy, and you're my best friend, and after that night when we were on the roof together all those years ago..." She looked at the wall. "I couldn't help but fall in love with you..."

"I... I..." He trailed off.

"Ugh, I know I shouldn't have told you that..." She said, covering her face in her hands. "Just forget I said anything, okay?"

"No... it's just..." He looked at the wall as well. "I've always had a crush on you, too."

"Wait... really?"

"Yeah..." He paused. "I guess I was just too scared to tell you..."

She chuckled, but it soon faded into a sigh. "I just want to see you again one more time..." She said quietly.

"Me too..." He agreed. The two friends then broke into tears, wishing that their lives could go back to the way they were before.

* * *

Unikitty sat in her cell, her face covered in her paws. Her cheeks were stained with tears. She had been sobbing for hours.

"We're going to be separated from each other..." She said quietly. "Puppycorn... Hawkodile... Dr. Fox... Richard... I'm never going to see them again..."

She didn't notice it, but her cell door had opened. A figure walked up to her. She looked up, seeing the figure standing in front of her, and backed up into the corner of her cell. "Please!" She cried, shielding her head with her hands. "Don't take me away!"

"Chill, dude." The figure said. "It's just me."

Unikitty blinked. "Brock...?"

"We need to get out of here." He said, grabbing her hand. "Come on! We don't have much time!"

"What's the point?" She mumbled, pulling her hand away from him. "The Doom Lords are destroying the kingdom, me and my friends are going to be separated from each other, and there's nothing I can do about it..."

"Your friends need you!" He exclaimed. "If we don't do something soon, you'll never see each other again!"

"Pfft, why do they care?" She looked away from him. "I was the one who got us all into this mess. It's my fault that we're going to be separated. All I've done was add even more mayhem and destruction to their lives, and now we all have to pay for it."

"Unikitty, please." Brock looked right into her eyes. "They love you. They even had to remind you that they do. You'll never see them again if we don't do something about it."

She didn't respond.

"You should be lucky you even have friends." He stated. "Take Master Frown for example. I was his only friend. But, now that I left him for you guys, he's got nobody. Just be thankful you aren't him."

She turned around, her expression lightening. "Wait, what did you say?"

"That you should be lucky that you have friends?"

"No, after that."

"Uhh... that Master Frown has no friends?"

"That's it!" She exclaimed. He blinked. "That's what?"

"I know how to stop all of this!" She stood up, wiping the tears off of her face. "But I'm going to need everybody's help."

Brock smiled. "Glad to have you back, kitty-dude."

She smiled as well, then darted out of her cell, hoping to help her friends before anything bad happens to them.