Chapter 5

The tribrid smiled brightly

"C'mon kiddo we've got to pick some stuff up from Rousseau's for the family dinner. Everyone is coming down so let's move it!" The blonde vampire chuckled as she kissed her husband on the cheek, waved her friend and her brother in law goodbye before dragging the youngest Mikaelson out of the gates.

"Caammiii!" Hope whined with a slight pout, the teenager wanted to look through more of the photos in her father's study. However Camille had her feet down and she wasn't going to budge.

"Hope you've got to be kidding me! Your whole family are coming from all different corners of the earth for this family dinner. Sweetheart you've been fighting those Malivore monsters all year, you deserve a break. You can't be the hero all of the time," The bartender soothed softly, her emerald eyes spoke every emotion but pity for the young teenager. Hope didn't notice that she allowed a tear escape until she felt Cami's wipe it away, she allowed herself to relax into the comforting embrace of her step mother. It's been a while since the tribrid had been hugged ever since her parents died Hope never allowed herself to relax and it felt nice.

"Ok, I think we should probably pick up that stuff now," Hope mumbled quietly as she rushed off in a pursuit to the bar. Camille caught up quickly to the teenager and used her vampire speed to quickly grab the boxes and get out. She handed a few boxes to Hope, as the pair raced off back to the Compound.