Vol. 7 Ch. 38 Dinner Party

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Neo dumping a bucket of water on Chibi Neptune)

Weiss was holding an invitation to a banquet hall at the Schnee Manor and said, "Only my father would turn a hostile takeover into a fluffy PR move." In the girls' dorm room at Atlas Academy, Weiss and I were sitting in a circle with Ruby, Oscar, Yang, and Blake. She, Ruby and Oscar were sitting in chairs, and Blake, Yang, and I were sitting on Weiss' bed. I snorted and said, "You can say that again, sis." Ruby spoke up and said, "On the news, he said he just wanted to break bread and hash things out. Maybe it won't be so bad? We do want the General to start opening up to these people, right?" Oscar answered, "Yeah, but on his terms. Ironwood's going to be locked in a room at his rival's own dinner party. I know Jacques says he's happy to moderate, but all that really means is he'll be the one controlling the conversation." My fiancée said, "Not hard to imagine how that's gonna play out." I rolled my eyes and said, "Tell me about it. I still can't believe he won. Robyn was supposed to be the people's champion, wasn't she?" My sister sighed and added, "There's just too many coincidences."

Yang asked, "You really think your dad might have something to do with Salem?" I answered, "I think my father would do whatever it takes to win." Ruby replied, "And we should do the same." Weiss asked, "Meaning...?" Ruby answered, "Well, no one knows your dad better than you two, and out of everyone going tonight, I'd say you're the only ones who could snoop around the house and not be questioned. If Jacques Schnee is up to something, I think we should know what it is." I smiled and said, "I agree."

3rd Person POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Klein ordering noodles)

After we arrived at the party and the Ace-Ops had dispersed from us, Weiss said, "I'll be in touch." Weiss pointed to her ear, then headed to the staircase. She stopped at the base of the staircase upon seeing Whitley descending the stairs. He said, "Dear sister, I was hoping we could use this time to catch up." Weiss replied, "Oh─" Whitley cut her off amd said, "I have to know, why did you go through so much trouble to leave home, only to come crawling back?" He gestured as he spoke and ended his question with a smug grin. Weiss looked away and sighed, while her friends watched from across the room. Oscar said, "This might be a problem."

Your POV

The rest of us watched from across the room as Whitley continued to talk to Weiss in front of the staircase. Yang said, "Why won't this kid buzz off?" Then Blake said, "We need to do something." I thought of something and said, "I'll talk to him, I know that he trusts me the most in the family. Blake, would you mind coming with me?" She nodded reluctantly and I could tell that she was worried that she'd get discriminated. I held her hand and said, "I'll be right here with you." She took a deep breath and we both went over to Whitley. As we approached, Whitley looked up and noticed me. He looked at me and said, "Y-Y/N? I thought Father was lying when he said you were still alive. I'm so glad that you're still alive." I smirked and said, "I missed you too, bro." He looked at Blake and said, "Who's this?" I smiled as my sister took the opportunity to finally ascend the stairs, and I said, "This is my fiancée, Blake Belladonna." I could tell that she was still worried that she'd get discriminated by him. But then Whitley said, "You're not gonna break my brother's heart or use him for his name or money, are you?" Blake answered, "No, I would never do anything like that I swear." I spoke up and said, "Easy Whitley, Blake is a really nice girl. She's one of a kind." I saw Blake blush and smile at what I said.

He took a deep breath and said, "Alright fine, but if you hurt my brother, I'll do everything in my power to make you regret it anyway." He gave a sincere smile, something he didn't do too often, and added, "If my brother cares about you this much, then it's nice to meet you." Shocked, Blake said, "You don't care that I'm a Faunus?" Whitley replied, "Like I said, if my brother thinks you're alright, then who am I to argue with the only real family I have in Atlas?" I said in a worried tone, "Whitley..." Blake then said, "But what about your sisters and your parents?" He replied, "Well, when your oldest sister leaves without telling anyone to join the military, your other sister is too busy being groomed to inherit everything, your father locks himself away for company politics, and your mother is a recurring alcoholic, who all refuse to even look at you because you resemble someone like my father, you tend to lose your ties with them." I gave Whitley a hug and said, "They'll come around, Whitley. Just give it time." He hugged me back and said, "I hope you're right, Y/N. Anyways, it was nice meeting you, Blake. All in all, you're the nicest I've seen when it comes to my brother's previous girlfriends." She smiled and said, "Thanks, Whitley." He smiled and said, "I must be off. I have to attend to the other guests. I'll see you two later. Oh, and congrats on the engagement."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I'm thinking that the next chapter will be the epilogue. But I might do one more chapter before that, I haven't decided yet. But make sure that you vote for the next book!
Master out.