Blow a Kiss

End of September marks the end of summer. The green shades fades into a feast of orange and yellow, marking the passage of a new season coming by.

Somehow, Millie doesn't miss summertime, as that means her favorite month in the world getting near.

You see, October is such a dear month to her. Cardigan days, hot tea and good books, the chill air giving her all the best inspiration to write new sensational adventures... and also the memories of her own adventure started nine years before.

Right now, Millie is lost in the words of a novel, and her baby boy has his cheek pressed to her chest so he can read with her. Cuddling Prince and reading for him was probably one of her favorite things.

He was a bookworm just like her and since he had started attending school (the one he was very much dreading two years before), he realized that learning, music and books were his favorite things in the world.

Especially books... The more he had, the more he was happy. Something he inherited from his mother, for sure. At age of eight, Prince consumed all the compulsory readings given by his teacher, and now he craved for more and more.

Primrose, on the contrary, didn't find literature quite appealing. She was more a practical and dynamic little girl, and a real concentrate of enthusiasm (with a pinch of leadership that distinguished her in her kindergarten class). At the lovely age of six, she found her hobbies in barbie dolls, music and ballet.

About that, her ballet show would take place in three weeks, marking a new season for her ballet class and an opportunity for the little ballerinas to show their parents what they have learnt so far. It was the Swan Lake, music by Tchaikovsky, one of Finn's favorites to play.

Primrose was so happy at first.

She talked about it for days (so much that Prince purposely stuffed his ear with cotton buds whenever she started) and so persistently that Winnie was at the point to change room whenever she spotted her.

Everything seemed to be perfect for the youngest of the house. However, what would be a fairytale without problems?

"—I can't do it, Daddy!" Primrose blurts out in her characteristic high pitched voice, getting up from the lucid parquet floor with the help of her tiny hands.

"Yes, you can, love. Let's try again." Finn prompts her by adjusting himself on the piano seat and stretching his fingers.

"No! It's been an hour. I still can't do it." Primrose huffs, the resignation in her voice very close to a temper tantrum.

She looks at herself at the huge mirror strategically positioned in the piano room so she can see herself and understand all the mistakes she makes. Finn's idea, of course. Just the best for his baby girl.

In her black bodysuit and white thick stockings, she looks like a little angel floating on her cloud. The grace she has all comes from Finn and certainly not from Millie, and this is a fact he loves to remark to his beloved wife any time he has occasion. 

"Take a deep breath, love." Finn suggests her, inhaling sharply. "And follow the music. Don't focus on your steps, just listen to me."

"But I always fall at the pirouette. Always. I hate it. I hate this stupid ballet!" She shouts, crossing her arms and stomping her feet.

Ah, he loves his daughter to death but she can be exactly like Millie when she can't do something.

Finn sighs. "Primrose, you have to learn from your mistakes. Try again."