Summer Lovin'

It is June, and the weather is amazing outside.

Vancouver is a little shining jewel with its clear sky, majestic fields and fresh air — especially there, in their corner of Paradise, made of woods and fresh cut grass.

Millie loves nature, mostly because she feels alive whenever she is spending time outdoors. She is like a bird which can't be kept in a cage. It's essential for her that she can fly away, not only with her body, but with her own imagination.

Even if right now flying away seems impossible as she feels a little bit heavy. She looks down at her stomach, where Prince is tempting to sleep in her arms. Mother and son are both swinging on the resin hanging egg chair near the swimming pool.

Her finger traces from his puffy cheeks til the tip of his tiny nose, so tender like a peach just collected from a tree.

"Tale as old as time, true as it can be," Millie sings quietly, smiling down at her sleepy Prince, "Barely even friends, then somebody bends unexpectedly..."

He hums, closing his sleepy eyes and letting out a satisfied and long breathe, his face completely buried into her chest, with the only purpose to keep his mom's warm body close. He's too young to know it yet, but Millie's perfume will be his favorite once he grows up.

"Certain as the sun, rising in the East, tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, beauty and the—"

"BRAT!" Finn screams from afar, ruining that tender moment with his excited voice.

There he is: step by step he's getting closer to the pool deck, with a pair of low waist jeans and a green t-shirt she has bought him some time ago (she didn't tell him she bought it from a thrift shop!). The casual version of her husband was indeed her favorite.

"Shoosh! I'm trying to make him fall asleep!" She giggles, noticing that fortunately Prince has ready  drowned in that dreamy state of mind.

"Oh." He laughs, getting closer to her with the iPad in his hands, "Sorry."

"Mhh." She rests the child on the crib next to her, "What's the deal? You have a naughty smile!"

Finn shrugs, very casually, "Oh, you know. Just the same old shit. Reading news paper and everything. This article got me, though. Mind to read that for me out loud?"

She raises a brow, curious. She grabs hesitantly the tablet as she starts to mumble.

"Is it a prank or a dirty joke of any sort?"

He shakes his head, laughing genuinely, "No more dirty jokes, I swear. I won't corrupt your virgin eyes again."

She eyes him subtly, more like in a challenging away. She doesn't fully trust her husband but, anyways, there's something in his freckled face that it's telling her that this article is quite important.

"Let's see— Top 10 Best Canadian Graduates. Number three..." She reads out loud, her eyes scanning the file.

"Oh my Goodness!" This time she squeals, her big doe gems widening in joy, "I'm the in the top three! I am! I made it!"